1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 11/12/2014 (Mexico City)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2014.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I was thinking the Frankenstein slide.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

leaving defense only to be played in the second half against bad teams will cost the rockets a few wins.

that 101 pts is a blemish.

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Worrell / bullard mentioned that Pbev would be looked at prior to Friday's game, but he wouldn't play. Worrell mentioned Tjones looked to be having difficulty. He has an injury stemming from nerves. Sounds like his injury is rather unpredictable as far as time table.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

"Good teams win close games? Wrong. Good teams dont play close games." - Doug Collins tonight

5. Muaz

Muaz Member

Dorsey surprised me he looked bad instead of terrible, and i consider that huge. Need to have a consistent bench, but it is gonna be a work in progress. Terry and Pap can produce, but I don't know what is gonna happen with Dorsey cause if he is cut or traded then I think think it will make Morey look too bad. Alas Adrien is still available. A quality veteran who averaged 13 and 9 last season as a starter, and 10 and 6 for the whole season. If they keep winning though all is forgiven.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

One of the most important stats for tonight: Howard and Harden only combined for one TO the whole game

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

Bad is an over achievement ..I think Powell & Dorsey are just bodyguards for DM

8. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

just got home, missed the game. How did wiggins look

9. HTM

HTM Member

Pap 4 for 4 from 3point land.... let's hope he can keep doing it back up old North America way.

10. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

I'm just really impressed with how second unit guys have been playing. I know Canaan & Dmo are starting because of injury, but they've been awesome. DMo with the passing and Canaan with the D.

Jet has been Jet, but more spry than anyone here anticipated - great to see him pulling a Derek Fisher. And lets talk about how great that K-Pap has been. He's finding his range pretty quickly and his decision making alone makes him one of the best players off the bench. I chalk it up to good fundamentals & a high basketball IQ.

Not really impressed with Black or Dorsey, but I'm probably just still butthurt about Jeff getting cut for these clowns. BUT big ups to Black for having a breakout night with the 10 points and 6 rebounds.

Is Garcia injured? Or are we just trying to see what everyone else has, because we already know what we have with 'cisco. It's early in the season, save him for playoffs? If that was our strategy, you'd think we'd do the same with Terry. But those aren't the same circumstances.

Great showing tonight, and I'm glad the NBA recognizes how much the people of Mexico love the sport and try and get them a game yearly. Good stuff tonight!

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

A clown cannot possibly give you 10 points and 6 rebounds, so you can take your clown comment and ..............................................................

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Exactly what Morey has said for years. Close games lead to luck(crazy shots, bad calls, bad bounces, etc) playing a role in the outcome.

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

14. baubo

baubo Member

’m shocked to hear that From Doug Collins. It doesn’t get any more old school than him. I thought he’d say something more along the lines of “We need to see them more in close games and see how they deal with pressure. See how they execute down the stretch when the game’s on the line.”

15. Kid So Fresh

Kid So Fresh Member

He's right. Maori has said pretty much the same thing for years. It's been a wonderful start to the season. Hopefully we rest T.Jones and Black Pat until our matchup with Memphis. Philly and OKC are very winnable games despite their absence.

16. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Some really great passing and some tight defense at times, but not impressed with us giving up 100+ points to the freaking Twolves. Yes they are talented and boy do they have some nice young guns, very entertaining first half from them but that was because we were too lackadascical too. Harden did a great job adjusting when he was missing, but he needs to understand it's not a high percentage shot when he goes 1-on-1 and shoots it early in the shot clock.

Ariza and Papa had their shots back and all guys shot the three well in the 2nd half. Howard looked good, a little too busy with pleasing the crowd when he tried to go gorilla on two dunks where he just missed them. Still great to see him having fun. Speaking of pleasing the crowd, why in the world did Garcia not get playing time? I'm sure because he's one of the few Spanish speaking players from the mid-Americas, the crowd knows who he is and would've liked to see him play.

All in all, saw some great things, we've seen flashes of how great we can be and beat on teams and there are still room for improvement.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

pap played with bev too, so i'm not sure i buy that. basically they panicked mid-summer and foolishly gave dorsey a guaranteed 2-year contract…..and now they're stuck with his useless carcass.

18. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Pap played with Dorsey in 2011-2012 (Olympiacos) and 2013-2014 (Barcelona). Pap and Bev were on the same team in 2009-2010 (Olympiacos), but neither were heavily featured. Dorsey didn't leave Olympiacos on good terms and he was creating chemistry issues, demanding touches down low when he can't even hit a hook. I'm not really sure how any of this is really related though. They gave Josh Powell a shot too, who played with Pap in 2012-2013 (Olympiacos again) and I always thought that was absurd, the man was useless even in the Euroleague.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Mchale with the old school nay nay. Lol

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Howard firing shots at the lackluster Houston crowds?