1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Sale FREE TICKET GIVE AWAY # 5 - Rockets vs. 76ers, 7pm CST Fri, Nov 14, 2014 – based on at TWolves 11/12

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by benchmoochie, Nov 9, 2014.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

UPDATE: THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
    Update 11/12/14 5pm CST: I have posted give away # 6 in the classifieds. It is a VERY easy give away for a Saturday game.

Update: 11/12/14 noon CST: Contest is now closed. I will update the winner at the end of the game this evening.

Hello all,

This is the 5th give away of the 2014-2015 season. I will be giving away two tickets for free!

Tickets: Flash Seats; 2 seats in Upper Bowl (corner angle row 3) for Philly 76ers, 7pm CST Friday, November 14, 2014

Condition for entry: You must never have won any FREE TICKET GIVE AWAYs for 2014 or been given any free seats for 2014.
    Deadline: whichever comes first of (a) 12pm CST Wednesday, November 12, 2014; (b) 20 entrants.

To qualify: The first 5 people (time date stamp per email received) who answer the question below correctly will be entered into a random drawing for the pair of seats.

The question below is in regards to the Minnesota Timberwolves game to be played in Mexico City on 9pm CST Wednesday, November 12, 2014:

1) For the game against the Minnesota Timberwolves, which Rocket’s player will have the greatest total of hustle stats: summation of --OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS, STEALS and BLOCKS?. ( I will calculate the total based on the final ESPN box score)

(a) If a tie happens between players, then you only need to have one of the players to qualify. Example if 2 players have 7 total, then the first 5 people for each selection will be entered; drawing will be held with 10 entrants.
    (b) If the result is a player not chosen by a forum member, then each entrant (not to exceed 20) will be entered into a random drawing.

What you need to do -- email the answer and your board user name to -- [B]cfticketgiveaway@gmail.com[/B]

P.S. If you are interested in Community Service for the city of Houston, then please join the group below in my signature. Our next service event will be at Star of Hope Mission on Wed, November 26, 2014 from 4:00-6:30pm. We will be assisting in the serving of dinner to the community residents. For more details, please see this thread http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=259459.

#1 benchmoochie, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. benchmoochie

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

What is the question? :confused:

4. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Really man?

5. SwoLy-D

^ Yes. I looked for an actual QUESTION, you know... that had a question mark. :grin: Got it.

6. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Are you just here to bust his balls, or??.. This is the second consecutive time you're questioning the guy when he's just trying to give out FREE tickets. Come on man.

7. benchmoochie

Yea, I fixed it. I just wrote it really quick off my template.

8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Thanks again for doing these giveaways! They always give me a little bit of hope. haha

9. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Oh man I want those calendars too

10. SwoLy-D

Hey, sometimes I need to understand the entire thing before I sign up for something, you know...? Had I tried to "bust his balls", I would have been negative about it. I simply asked a question to make sure.

:confused: Don't you want to make sure there aren't any misunderstandings before you enter contests? I do.

11. benchmoochie

These are the remaining give aways this year. You are free to enter them as well as this one if you like. I will have some simple qualifiers (ie. Who scores first for the Rockets?) for upcoming games as well as some statistical qualifiers.

Event Date
    Denver Nuggets 13-Dec
    New Orleans Pelicans 18-Dec
    Portland Trailblazers 22-Dec

In 2015, I will do 1-2 giveaways a month; I will be giving away first level seats, club seats, and second level row 1 court view. I will make the contest a little more difficult for the club seats. For these give aways in 2014, I am just experimenting to see the feedback from the forum members.

If you have any feedback, then you can email me, and I will consider your suggestions. However, I just want this to be a fun contest in which people can win some free tickets. I've had a lot of opportunity to go to some great games over the years and sit in some awesome seats. I just want to pass the joy on of going to games to other members.

#11 benchmoochie, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. SwoLy-D

^ Totally agreed. It's a good thing you're doing!! :cool:

13. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Thanks for doing this! It really adds some more fun and excitement to the season.

14. benchmoochie

13 entrants so far. I guess the 76ers game isn't that appealing, but it is a Friday. ha ha ha.

Anyhow, let's see some wild card selections rather than the vanilla selection.

15. Hustle Town

I think the "vanilla" selections are resulting from the metrics you chose: OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS, STEALS and BLOCKS. Since it's for the full game, I feel like Dwight has it locked down if he is healthy.

16. benchmoochie

With the exception of the 76ers game, Howard hasn't dominated on the offensive glass.

#16 benchmoochie, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  17. Hustle Town

Howard and Jones are pretty much tied in offensive boards and blocks per game. Ariza leads in steals.

18. benchmoochie

yea didnt' realize the total number of oreb was the same. everytime I checked box score it was 2 oreb and 14 total or something like that.

19. benchmoochie

update : i adjusted the deadline to 12 noon cst tomorrow, and total number of people to 20.

#19 benchmoochie, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  20. benchmoochie

Below is the distribution list for tonight. Total 16 entrants. The top 5 for Howard will be submitted if that is the selection. All other selections have less than 5. If someone picks a player not on the list then everyone will be submitted.

Player # Members
    Dwight Howard 9
    Trevor Ariza 3
    K Pap 2
    James Harden 1
    DMO 1