1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Oct 2, 2014.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Needs a lot of work. Ran the floor really well but not a whole lot of positive out there.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Capela better get ready...D League Vipers has his name written all over it...

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I like the way he drew fouls

4. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Would be a nice luxury to develop our own next Dwight Howard from scratch, but I think Clint's more valuable as a trade piece for a bench contributor at the moment, so we can take advantage of our current Dwight Howard's prime

5. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Still perplexing why he insisted on coming over this year. Has no chance of getting in the rotation for the foreseeable future.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Wow. What a bunch of bull crap coming out of you guys tonight. What the hell are you expecting.

I don't know if anyone noticed but Capela completely altered several shots with his length and he didn't even know what was going on out there. Yes the guy looked lost, but who wouldnt with only 2 NBA practices under their belt in their rookie year in their first NBA minutes?

This is essentially a physical specimen for them to develop this year. He's not supposed to be the next Durant or anything the first time he touches the floor.

Capela has something that the Rockets haven't been able to draft in years.. Length and athleticism. Give the kid a Fing break.

1 person likes this.
  7. hooroo

hooroo Member

He was better than Black tonight

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Agreed...he is sooo young...He will have his time to learn the game the right way and how to play as an NBA big. I think we all just wanted him to score his first bucket/points in the NBA...just to get off that gooseegg...

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I honestly could have cared less about his scoring ability and how smooth his shot is or whatever. Guys here have no idea where the actual potential is. Length and athleticism. That will be very very useful for the Rockets if they harness it correctly in the future. I already saw him easily alter a couple shots tonight. THAT is what I cared about seeing him on the court for his first time.

2 people like this.
  10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

he just needs time. With time at any level..he will get better.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He looked totally lost out there.

12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Post of the day!

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Agreed. Obvious defensive talent. Ran the floor well. Might be useful defensively by the end of the season. A couple of decent rebounds. Fought for position. Did not look that much worse than D MO as a center. Sorry D Mo fans.

14. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Yes, especially that last part.

15. baubo

baubo Member

Man you guys are harsh.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He needs the DL Vipers. Did not look like an NBA player in his minutes tonight.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Deal with it, dobro. Busty big men happen a lot in the NBA.

I am not saying he will but what are the odds?
    We are still looking for two way power forwards aren't we?

18. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

Jesus Christ you guys realize those were his first NBA minutes whatsoever right? Not o mention his potential was never based on offensive skill.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i hope we blow out GS and get to see him play again. he did seem to run the floor well. but i was disappointed with his advertised athleticism. he looked slow to get off the ground and was in no way the pogo stick i was expecting. his natural reaction times were average at best. he altered a couple shots, but he also got easily scored on by opposing big men scrubs in the paint and off a fastbreak layup. let's hope it's just the jitters or the groin injury or a contracted case of moti-useless virus.

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

However bad you think he was, he had the same stat line as D. Mo with 0 points, 3 rebounds and 1 assist. He did it in 6 minutes and D. League Mo did it in 25 minutes. Sad, but true.