1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

McNair wishes he owned to Rodeo.

He knows more and care more about horses than football

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Agree completely that caller driven radio sucks. Can't stand the callers, can't stand people who are "famous on the radio" can't stand that instead of analysis, insight or interviews with people that are relevant I have to listen to some clown go on a rant and end it with "I'll holla!" and then you switch to the other station out of annoyance and a few minutes later he's doing the same schtick there. Can't stand stupid questions, trade ideas, caller stories they think are funny...

Blah!

Radio in Houston sucks all around. I was in the car this morning for 2.5 hours and found nothing but talk shows on the music channels and commercials on the talk channels. I listened to Michael Berry give some stupid take on government, some caller trashing her date on one of the music channels, Ryan Mallet talk on every sports channel...

Just plain yuck.

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

During the driving, I am starting to listen to the station 650 from the people in the DC area, and 1560 of Yahoo sports, they are much better than Lance or whoever regardless of the football or basketball. They are just smart people, also doing their home works before opening their mouths.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Houston Sports Radio > Classic Rock

Houston airwaves suck!

5. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

F'ing this ^^^^ lol 100% It's terrible

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The hosts don't even take many callers. They just talk about the texans.

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

At the start of Charlie P's show, he had one Texans call and three or four Rockets calls right after. Said be was surprised and doesn't object to that. When the Texans change QBs, that will drop the Rockets off because before the announcement, there was more Rockets talk.

8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Houston's sports media is garbage.

One of the reasons there is no ESPNHouston or 30 for 30 films on Houston sports figures.

:(

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

This is why I listen to 610 more now. They don't do caller-radio nearly as much.

10. shawn786

shawn786 Member

610 = Texans 24/7 Sports Radio

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Except for mad radio.

12. Gip_txag

Gip_txag Member

I only listen to MAD Radio, SVP & Russilo on 97.5 (not local but good discussion), and Charlie P. Lance and his impersonations got old fast, and I refuse to waste time listening to Nick and Lopez on 610.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Every time this thread appears it's the same old stuff. And Im sure I come in and say the same thing. Yall must not listen regularly, because 790 is talking about the Rockets plenty. Just this morning Adam and Lance spent at least two long segments on the Rockets. MT is always good for Rockets talk, and I listened to Charli talk about the Rockets just yesterday afternoon several times.

Yeah, the Texans get the bulk of the convo. But the Rockets are getting more then enough IMO. And it'll only increase as the season goes on and the games make their way to Root Sports. It's apparent that those of you complaining aren't listening, at least not to 790. Your complaints just aren't accurate. Unless your just expecting all Rockets talk all the time.

1 person likes this.
  14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You guys don't wake up early enough. There was a lot of Rockets talk yesterday in the morning. Of course, there was no game last night and we're in the thick of the football season so they're naturally gonna talk about the QB change.

15. RCPM

RCPM Member

You mean to tell me that whiner Lance is still on the air? Tells me all I need to know about Houston sports radio.

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

Listened to 790 yesterday morning. On my 30 minute drive to work the Rockets talk was basically to Lance accusing Chandler Parsons of having VD and CP calling Houston women [less than pure]. I guess that's rockets talk...

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah MAD Radio is the only one I listen to consistently everyday. They have decent discussions and Seth's rants are pretty funny. They will also give you a bit of Rockets talk even tho they don't have to and let you know its coming up. I wish they would talk more Rockets tho. They probably would if the games were on tv

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Best segments are Matt Bullard calling into Charlie's shows.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Morey was on 790 this morning. I guess that's not rockets talk...

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I can't stand turning on the radio and hearing all the doom and gloom "oh noooo Houston sports sucks....*twenty minutes later* oh...also...the Rockets are 5-0".

Football talk all ****ing day long, about a team that is so mediocre it isn't even funny. 2 minute blip about a team that may be able to contend for a title, and is currently (albiet incredibly early) first place in the NBA.

Makes me not want to listen to any of this **** anymore. I realize it's like this every year, but it's no less frustrating/annoying.