1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I agree. No way Houston can pass on him if he's available.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're setting yourself up for failure.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

BPA .

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Its conservative Bob and Rick. Of course they will pass on Winston.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

BPA that isn't accused of rape.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Big Ben was accused twice so are you telling me you wouldn't accept him with the Texans??

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a matter of "me" accepting him or not accepting him, Bob McNair wouldn't accept him. As for me, I wouldn't want Roethlisberger because I don't see the point of this team getting a 33 year old QB for a rebuilding team. He'd be in serious decline in a year or two then everyone who supports the idea now would be b****ing that the Texans are locked in to a terrible contract.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Texans would be 6-2 right now with Big Ben. Still a top 10 qb and don't think anyone would complain about him being a Texan.

9. Mr. Clutch

How sure can you be that he'll be in "serious decline" at 34 or 35?

Manning- 38
    Brady- 37
    Brees- 35
    Palmer- 34
    Romo- 34

All having excellent years.

Watt, Foster, and Brown are in their primes now.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only person that matters would. Sorry there's a zero tolerance policy for that kind of thing with the Texans, if you want to follow a franchise that tolerates scummy people who sexually assault women, you should probably look elsewhere because as long as Bob McNair is alive, it's just not going to happen.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That scumbag has been to 3 Super Bowls. The choir boy thing is really working out for Bob huh.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't like it, you're free to seek out another team to follow. Sorry, if they're going to win, it's not going to be with scummy people who sexually assault women and no matter how much you or anyone else complains about it, that's not going to change.

13. Mr. Clutch

Your logic of not accepting Ben because of age is bad, McNair's opinion notwithstanding.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I get that you think it's worth the risk, but you have to understand the great potential of disaster when you go after an aging QB like that, especially one that LOVES to hold on to the ball for 5 or 6 seconds. What do you think happens if he's behind the Texans O line instead of the Steelers O line? You don't have to guess, we've seen it before, he'll get injured and be in and out of the lineup.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because he's got at least one more year on his contract. Now if you think you want to sign a 34 year old Roethlisberger to the kind of deal he'd want, then I don't know what to say to you.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

What about that old washed up qb in Denver? Aren't you glad we didnt sign that scrub. No way a qb that old could have success.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you lose one derp argument so you immediately switch to another? Gotcha.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

when have you ever won an argument on here? 90% of the stuff you say is laughed at. Peyton was one of those "aging" qbs you didn't want. Now you're saying the same about Big Ben. I'll let their play do the talking for me.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't doubt that you would think that way, fools often see wisdom as folly. Anyway, the Peyton situation was completely and totally different, it was a HUGE risk because of his health, just because it worked out pretty well doesn't change that. The situations aren't even remotely similar but I don't really expect you to understand that.

19. Mr. Clutch

Huh? You went from the derp argument that he's too old to the derp argument that he'd get injured if he came here.

Seriously? Ben Roethlisberger is gonna get injured? The guy misses very few games, and he's bigger than the older QBs in the league who are doing just fine.

You also act like the pass protection will be bad forever.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They are two separate reasons why it would be risky, for one he'd be 34 before the Texans could get him, and that would be paying a lot for a QB's decline years and separate from that reason is the fact that a slow QB that loves to camp out in the pocket for 5 and 6 seconds at a time is an awful fit for the team. There's just so many reasons why it would never happen and why it would be a bad idea to happen that it's odd that we're even having this conversation.