1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 8

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Oct 22, 2014.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What's up with those no means no vines?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The first NFL team in Houston was the Oilers, what does that have to do with the Cowboys? Being a Cowboys fan in Houston is like being a Spurs fan in Houston.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol, you must be young.

there are plenty of cowboy fans when the oilers were here, then when they left, they didn't stop showing the nfl . they showed the cowboys. finally houston gets an expansion team.

no it's not like being a spurs fan in houston. houston has had the rockets, no expansion team.
    look, in college the two biggest cowboys fans i knew lived in houston. they grew up in houston.

it's just the truth dude.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not young, and I remember when the Oilers left, but that didn't make me start rooting for a rival team. If the Rockets left, would you just start pulling for the Lakers because they are on TV a lot? Look, if you want to be a Southern Oklahoma fan go for it, but you must understand that people will judge you for it.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

you don't get this do you?
    there were always lots of cowboys fans in houston. I'm not one of them.

I was working in the same building that Steve Patterson was at when he was trying to get a new team for Houston.

just stop acting like you know more about houston than a 99er, that's not even possible.

there is not what if the Rockets left, the Rockets never left. The Cowboys have been in the NFL since the 60s, they have a bunch of bandwagon fans.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Cowboys finally got some offensive rhythm with Weeden and Romo decides to return. Garrett should have told Romo to sit his ass down.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

After MNF did their on-field post game interview with Colt, the ESPN Deportes guy grabbed Colt and wanted to do a live on camera quicky. The Redskins security guy (I'm assuming that's who he is) said "no means no" and grabbed Colt back to take him to through the tunnel (maybe to see Snyder). A few minutes later, Colt was back on the field with the MNF crew.

8. BonziWellsGOAT

Exactly. When I was starting to get into football around 7-9 yr old, Houston was in limbo without a team (born in 90) so I turned to the Cowboys. Plus my whole family is full of Cowboys fans. People cant grasp that. Don't like the city but I love my Cowboys

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously kid, you think that because you registered with this site first somehow gives you credibility? That's so sad it's hilarious.

10. BonziWellsGOAT

Hyperbole my man

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not a cowboys fan, bobbythegreat is speaking from his rear if he thinks there are no cowboys fans in houston.

football is completely different from basketball, it's had long time loyalties. We don't get Mavericks games or Spurs games in the 80s or 90s, we only got the Rockets on local tv. The NFL always showed the NFC and AFC and it was regional, we always got the Cowboys games on TV.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, next thing you know people are going to start posting about when they got a LiveJournal or first got an AOL account in an attempt to gain credibility in the D&D.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

lol, you're the kid. 99ers are the greatest posters on this site. Do you even know math?

please stop acting like you know anything about houston. 99ers were watching wrestling at Sam Houston Colleseum. We were shopping at Gallery Furniture when it was a tent. We were watching movies at MeyerPark and watching restaurant reports with Marvin Zindler.

Ok, you can google all that stuff now.

14. BonziWellsGOAT

No I agree with you. Just because someone in Houston is a Cowboys fan doesn't make them less of a Houstonian, I think that idea is stupid.

T-Mac > Jordan

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's so embarrassing, you are so incredibly simple minded that I actually feel bad for you.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

you think there are no cowboys fans in houston.
    I'm not testing your fandom dude, this is plain stupidity if you don't think there's a large population of cowboys fans.

http://www.dallascowboysfanshouston.com/

[​IMG]

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Cowboys suck

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Let's just end this here guy, I'm hoping that you're just drunk or something because your reading comprehension is leaving quite a bit to be desired tonight and your belief that when someone joined a website matters is beyond pathetic.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

tmac1

what is your favorite nba team?
    what is your favorite nfl team?

20. BonziWellsGOAT

Lol its like people live for the Cowboys to lose. Division games are always tough regardless of record or circumstance. One game and they suck. Laughable