1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(advice) negligent dog owners

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by conquistador#11, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Call the cops and a lawyer to see if you have any criminal or civil recourse against the owner because of being bitten.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dog stalking a mile outside of its turf sounds like a stray. That is not normal behavior for a dog with a house, unless maybe Anakin was in heat. Are we sure the person yelling for the dogs actually owned both the one that returned and the pit which did the mile long stalking? Something tells me that pit won't be at the house when animal control arrives.

3. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

Exactly what I was thinking. Why would the owner let the dog follow the OP for a mile without going and getting it? OP should probably go find the the guy and ask if its his dog but it doesn't make sense to me.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He wasn't stalking. He was kicking the other dog and his owners butt all the way to their house. Only coward dogs stop fighting when they are too far from home.

5. Victorious

Victorious Member

Lol you are crazy. You would take a human life in this situation? Shooting the dog out of fear, I can understand. But geez man, some gun carriers are just itching to be in any situation where they can pop off smh

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Go to a doctor and get shots. Report the incident to the authorities so they document what happened. Then Call a lawyer.

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Something similar happened to me about a month ago. You should speak with the owner and let them know this won't happen again without serious repercussions. In my case speaking with the owner resulted in the dog going away. It was replaced with another dog which is now walked on a leash instead of being left loose in the yard or driveway.

You can call animal control, too, as suggested, but YMMV. In another incident with the dog I mentioned it attacked a neighbor and her dog. I think there may have been some ambiguity in the story told to animal control and the result was the guilty and innocent dogs were both taken to quarantine. I have a very elderly dog that is blind. I wasn't chancing animal control also taking my innocent dog.

I now also walk with something similar to a cane and my neighbor knows if their dog is off a leash and within 10 feet of my dog that a lot worse than animal control quarantining their dog will happen.

8. heypartner

shots for what?

I went to ER once after being bitten by a pit while breaking up two pits locked onto each other at a dog park. As I released them both simultaneously, one got me because the owner was slow to pull it back.

It cost about $100 to clean the womb. Not worth getting a lawyer over. Just take the bill to the owner; they'll generally pay something that small.

9. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

You were pregnant and trying to break up fighting pit bulls??? That's pretty dangerous.

1 person likes this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

95% die if the dog has rabies.

11. Refman

Shots for rabis among other things.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Of course, if you dont get vaccinated

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

crap missed the bait.

#33 Bandwagoner, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  14. Refman

When I was in college, my mother was walking out Springer Spaniel on our street. The guy three houses down had a Rottweiler who he had let out. His dog attacked our dog, resulting in a large vet bill. My father gave him the bill and told him he was lucky his dog hadn't attacked my mom.

A day later, I went to pick up the money from him for the bill. He gave me cash. I told him that he needed to keep his damned dog in the backyard and that if this happened again, I would,put a bullet in his dog. He told me that he would kick my ass if I tried. As I walked away, I told him that my gun holds more than one bullet.

I never saw his dog again.

15. likestohypeguy

Not shot. Dog bite. Woof woof, not bang bang.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He meant tranquilizer bulllets. Pew pew

17. NotInMyHouse

"Woof woof, not bang bang."

[​IMG]

18. NotInMyHouse

Damn youse!!

19. heypartner

20. NotInMyHouse

A big credit to "Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure" for raising awareness.

1 person likes this.