1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The thing I love most about fair weather fans is that there's never a need to call them out, they'll call out themselves.

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Not sure how serious you are. Few things.

1) Fox doesn't have any invested interest in promoting Texans games since they compete against them most sundays.

2) The Texans matchup is one of the worst of the whole weekend. Two losing teams.

3) The Eagles and Cardinals are a combined 10-2 and is the best matchup of the whole weekend. It also promotes two NFC teams including the Cowboys division opponent which helps their NFC appeal.

I mean, I want to see Texans games too but they would be stupid to show the Texans instead of this game.

3. Brando2101

What is your definition of a fair-weather fan? You called into question mine and a few others fandom when we (correctly predicted) that this team would not be very good this year. We were obviously a little offended. We were as much fans as anyone else and that shouldn't come into play because we thought the Texans were going to be bad. We didn't choose to be pessimistic. Again, we were right.

I'm really not trying to attack you here or say that there aren't fair weather fans. I just don't understand and agree with some of your definitions.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So, it turns out the guide was wrong. Fox will be televising it in Austin. Guess they see the benefit to showing the teams that are followed locally more than the other options. The idea of this was to show teams they don't usually get to show...not to show teams they get nearly every week.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The over the top bashing of the organization and the whining is that of fair weather fans. You didn't correctly predict that this team wouldn't be good this year, they handed at least 2 victories away that they should have had and they are still on pace for the 8-8 that I predicted.

Anyway, it's not a big deal, I've known for a while that the Texans have a pretty terrible fanbase. It's nothing new.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Texans - 24
    TITas er TITans - 13

Rocket River

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am pissed because those two wins were my 10-6 prediction!!
    :mad:

Rocket River
    Should not have lost to Pitt
    Should have snuck a win from Dallas

8. Brando2101

I doubt you interact with many other fan bases but calling them terrible and the least intelligent fans in the NFL is pretty weak.

Bobby, a loss is a loss. You have not gone though the other 31 teams and judged whether they gave away games or not. That's the testament to a good team vs a bad team. They win games or they don't. You even acknowledge that Cushing is not what he was which was a HUGE argument we had before the season started. It was an issue with how much stock you put into a guy that has barely played in the previous two years.

Come on man. Have you ever just flat out acknowledged to being wrong? I get the wiggle room in a lot of other discussions but seriously....

#168 Brando2101, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  9. Brando2101

It looks like they are showing both games since they air at different times. I really doubt they would pick up the Texans game but I guess we will never know...............

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it's annoying when you see a team not living up to their potential like that.

I acknowledge being wrong when I'm wrong. This isn't a bad team despite their recent struggles. They are underachieving and that's annoying, but don't pretend like your prediction was at all accurate. You were predicting a 4-12 record with the Texans being one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL and said that the Redskins would "roll" the Texans. You were wrong then, and you're wrong now. I was hoping for 9 or 10, and we had a legitimate shot at it, but it's looking more and more like my 8-8 prediction is going to be spot on.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

So you're predicting our forst wij @IND:eek:
    I can se it happening too with a healthy Clowney. Rush 4 and still get nice pressure on Luck.

Says the guy who completely disowned the baseball team. :eek:

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They stopped playing the same game, if the Texans join the Arena League, I'll stop watching them too.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I did predict a Split with Indie . .

Rocket River
    I have faith in this team
    less now than before but still . ..

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bill O'Brien on Jadeveon Clowney: &quot;I think he's got a good shot to play this week.&quot; O'Brien said he would be on a pitch count.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/525720517958193152">October 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

If you believe it's a guaranteed victory, you should bet all that you can on the Texans to win.

16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brian Cushing is OUT for Sunday's game against the Titans.</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/525771456894885888">October 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Cush should probably sit until after the bye. He hasn't been right all year. He looked great last season before getting reinjured, so I expected a speedier recovery again this year. Hopefully he just needs more time.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta love this clown, he makes a pretty safe statement then pretends as if he's doing more than playing the odds. At least this time around he's not inventing some behind the scenes controversy that his "sources" told him.

19. Remii

Remii Member

We have a baseball team :confused:

20. Remii

Remii Member

Can't lose to Dallas and then lose to Tennessee... I may have to move if that happens.