1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Personally, I prefer Karl but Finch, JVG is also a good option.

The bottom line is, Mchale under-performed with a talented roster for 2 years. If you have the best C and the best SG in the league (2 positions), then your team should NOT be a first round exit, no matter how difficult western conference is, or how bad the rest of your team looks.

2. NotChandlerParsons

There's no way for any of us to ever fully know the impact of an assistant coach, but judging by the current state of the offense, I'm not impressed. In the end all I can do is hope that if he takes over, he'll do better. There aren't a whole lot of great coaching candidates out there, either. I don't think we have the luxury of 'developing' some coach out of Europe or overseas at this point.

3. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

McHale is just old school. To me he looks at the game as it used to be, not how it is today. As a person I don't know him of course, but as a spokesman/coach, I really have no like at all for his comments/interviews/analysis or anything.

I don't buy anything good about him except that players respect that he is a great former player/hall of famer.

As a coach, I bet some YMCA coaches would have better strategy.

But for whatever Reason, Morey seems to love him. I will give Morey this one, because I like pretty much most of everything else he does, even with the mistakes this offseason.

But I do hope and pray that Morey SOON gets rid of MILK HAIR.

4. NotChandlerParsons

One option that intrigues me is Monty Williams. He seems to be a pretty good Xs and Os guy and might very well be canned if the Pelicans miss the playoffs. Not sure that I'm mentally prepared to watch this team play at the incredibly slow pace he seems to like though.

5. valorita

valorita Member

for better or worse, we are prolly keeping mchale.
    the next best thing to do is try to surround kevin with a bunch of young savant basketball minds.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

How did he under performed? You can't expect any coach to be highly successful when your rotation is tampered with every season. You also do know that chemistry plays a big factor in a teams success correct? Last season was Harden and Howard's first full seasons together. And how about factoring in the elite Western Conference teams who's team where already set with their franchise players.

I would love to see you coach this team.

7. Jt29

Jt29 Member

I still prefer JVG to mchale. I disagree with his record is worse than mchale. JVG roster WAS much worse than mchale. Mchale was super clueless n got outcoached by the blazers HC. For goodness sake, mchale cant even draw a defence scheme to prevent the notorious lilard 3 point shot with only 1 second left. Cant get any dumber than mchale.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I can coach,manage, and train this team to contenders. Old people are too out of touch.

9. mclawson

mclawson Member

Born: January 28, 1949 (age 65)

[​IMG]

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Get over yourself.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I'm about to hit up Les and D. Morey right now. Lol

12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I don't use an ignore list, but if I did, you'd be first.

Stay pompous, my friend.

13. NotChandlerParsons

For this season, yeah he ain't goin anywhere. I'd think another first round exit would be enough to do it, or missing the playoffs entirely.

Also, although I don't like his coaching, I will give McHale props for not throwing a fit going into the last year of his contract without an extension like some coaches do.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He had them good fundamentals when he was young. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Sup.... sup hammie. I like your sig

16. steady

steady Member

... and I would have agreed until we had to watch LMA break records how many games in the playoffs before McHale finally budged and put Asik on him.

17. steady

steady Member

I don't mean to be a jerk, but it would have been very odd for McHale to throw a fit after how last season ended.

I still remember where I was when I heard Rockets were going to keep McHale. And how I felt: disbelief.

18. NotChandlerParsons

I'm specifically thinking of Lawrence Frank, who demanded the owners take an option on his contract after a 25 win season.

19. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

And yet, he was 1 game vs Houston from being shown the door out of SA , while having a league MVP on his roster.... There is no reason to change head coaches , no McHales fault we lost in Portland, that play was changed by chansome, drawn correctly by McHale. And our guys sans Dwight had an awful series, and we still shoulda won.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That happens, didn't the Dream break records against David Robinson. That doesn't mean the coach didn't do his part LMA was on fire no matter who you put on him. When these players get hot , there is nothing you can really do.

Asik didn't stop him either lol.