1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Direct TV and ATT buy CSN Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Sorry, I really haven't been keeping up with this.

So can people with Comcast watch the Rockets without switching, if this deal is completed?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Believe so, yes.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Most important question of course.... Laila?

I mean Bart is great and all but for some reason Laila just has something Bart doesn't. Can't put my finger on it.

4. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Why delay until one week? Thats ridiculous. What is the point of this? Why not tomorrow? I don't understand this stupid delay for so long time. Are they busy tomorrow or something?

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Breast?

I'm kidding, of course. I'm a big fan of Laila as well and of Bart since he has been with the Rockets for a long time. Hope both stay. Laila does a great job.

6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

That does suck. I really wish it did work for CSN. The content seemed great from the little I saw from the streams.

I love the focus on local content, the network staff appeared to all be fantastic at what they did, and the analysis from local beat writers / sports radio hosts were exceptional.

Sadly, we will never see something like this again. But at the same time, I want to see the Rockets.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Leila, she gone.
    Doleman, he gone.
    Calvin, he stays.

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

so what channel will they play on for comcast customers now?

9. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

So does this mean games 2 - 6 will not be shown on tv??

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I want Calvin to do game commentary... not halftime.

Can someone start a petition for this? Would it even work?

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's a shame. I actually liked CSN, despite all the controversy. Too bad they couldn't work it out.

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Seriously? Leila was 1000x better than that asian nerd and Doleman and Calvin was a great duo!! :mad:

CSN and McHale are pissing me off!

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Don't worry, that "Asian nerd" lost his job too.

It'll be like FSSW all over again. Kevin Eschenfelder as your pre/post-game host, Bart Ennis as the sideline reporter and that's about it.

But the games will be back, folks will be happy.

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/YoItsKenneth">@YoItsKenneth</a> you'll see me in the 10p SportsNet Central <a href="https://twitter.com/CSNHouston">@csnhouston</a> tonight. :)</p>&mdash; Leila Rahimi (@leilarahimiCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/leilarahimiCSN/status/525100675529592833">October 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Finally baited a tweet lmao.

But all seriousness, I really hope ROOT sports hire some nice folks for the broadcasting crew.

15. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I was watching a stream of yesterday's game that had background audio from the control booth and it sounded like the next game they're broadcasting will be the Utah game. Can anyone confirm this? I assume the reasoning being that the next preseason game will be on NBATV and the Laker game will be on TNT.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

That's how your tax money being used. And don't forget, they said the "closing argument" not the verdict. God knows if the judge will need another week to think about the verdict on this.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I assume that's the case, because last night everyone were saying goodbye on tears, so I assume next preseason game we probably will not have any broadcast and NBATV will carry the Spurs feed?

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sean Elliott insane homerism.... can't wait....

Seriously though. It does look like there is going to be a time gap though. The deal isn't going to be struck with Root Sports or whatever until Tuesday at the earliest, and CSN Houston apparently already went off air last night.

So assuming it takes some time for Root Sports to train people, and get all the tech stuff figured out, I'm assuming there might be a could games missed with local broadcasting.....

... Unless CSN Houston has a deal where they are obligated to broadcast the games despite the network being offline. Maybe they just show the games and that's it. I dont know, and haven't seen any clarification on that yet.

So if you are a LP guy like me, I'm assuming we will have to watch the away feed for at least a few games.

19. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

What about suddenlink?

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I wonder will they do a temp deal with channel 39 or fox southwest if this crap will not be finalize before the Utah game? There is still a slim chance of it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.