1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Direct TV and ATT buy CSN Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmd

bmd Member

That's just temporary. That kind of thing happens all the time regardless of which cable or satellite company you have.

2. Cranberry_Juice

you are not losing much by not having CNN.

3. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Hmmm. You and I must have different Dish packages. CNN is definitely there, telling the same story over and over and over...

4. TheresTheDagger

There is so much content available online now that Cable is becoming irrelevant.

NFL
    NBA
    CNN
    ESPN
    HBO (soon)
    Netflix
    Amazon Prime
    Hulu
    NBC
    ABC
    TNT
    and many more....

Granted, many of those above require a cable subscription. But I think in the next 2-3 years max that will be a thing of the past.

5. wadero

wadero Member

Any update yet?

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Like you said, most of those services require a cable subscription. I think online streaming will surpass cable someday.. but not for 10 years.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

This Rockets fan, the original, has been waiting a long time time for televised games

[​IMG]

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol.

The last time cable companies were threatened by online services they got congress to write a law net neutrality.

They have more money than you and aren't afraid to use it.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That sounds about right. I seem to recall getting some of those games when the Rockets/Astros were still on Fox Sports back in the day...so I guess I got confused. I guess it doesn't matter that the Mavs are still on Fox Sports and the Rockets will be on Root network. This just sounds like that regional blackout deal...like you said...regardless of network.

I may end up negotiating a lower price for league pass. But, I'm not sure I want to watch the Rockets games this season without that third star. It would be like watching a repeat of last season. I can always just follow them, watch the highlights posted in the GARM the day after, and then catch them in the playoffs.

I may just try to threaten DirecTV that I will leave them if they don't give me league pass for free as a long time customer...even though I would be bluffing. I've spent so much money with them; those fockers owe me. They seemed to be giving away NFL Season Pass to any Tom, Dick, or Harry recently...which I never got in on cause I don't care. Why can't they do the same for NBA League Pass? Yea...yea...they got their NFL deal with DirecTV or whatever. Crikey!

#429 Surfguy, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  10. blackistan

blackistan Member

I'm confused so does this mean I can watch rockets games on Directv now..sorry didnt feel like reading through 20 somthing pages

11. bmd

bmd Member

They are working on it today. We'll know soon.

12. Raven

Raven Member

Same with Astros, right? Direct TV, yes? Dish network, no?

13. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Root Sports should be up by next Wednesday. The confirmation hearing is ongoing right now. Comcast is putting up its last fight. But, Comcast has also cancelled all CSN Houston shows. Timelines are filled with good-byes from CSN on air talent today as most shows are filming their final episodes today.

14. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Thank god this mess will be over soon. I'm not in the Houston area, New York actually. But since CSN Houston has been around, it was a crap shoot as to which broadcast I would get with League Pass, some nights it was CSNH, others it was other teams.

This is what Comcast gets for being greedy. Happy for every Rocket fan who lives in H-Town that will finally be able to view their rockets games. About dang time.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Well. It appears the CSN Houston confirmation hearing is not going to conclude today.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/525066917006946304">October 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Astros attorney Paul Basta says AT&amp;T/DirecTV has some concerns about what will happen to network infrastructure – cables, computers, etc.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/525067388186664960">October 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The teams are working on language for AT&amp;T/DirecTV, but the buyers won’t be prepared to respond until next Monday.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/525067708908322818">October 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Closing arguments, it now appears, will be delayed until next Tuesday at 3 p.m.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/525068123473739776">October 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Comcast....

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Comcast just die!!!

18. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

Rich ass billionaires fighting while the fans suffer. I switched to Comcast last year and can't wait to get Directv back.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So.... The game on Friday?... I'm assuming it's probably not going to be broadcast, or is CSN obligated to show games until the Root Sports or whatever is ready to go live even though the network has apparently stopped producing new content as of tonight?

I say this as a league pass subscriber from out of town who has had to buy Ballstreams this month for the preseason(no reason for nbalp to not be available for presrason). If San Antonio isn't broadcasting preseason games like some teams aren't are we all going to get screwed?

20. DreamEarlNolan

I'm glad that soon people in Houston will be able to watch the Rockets and Astros again. As someone who lives in the panhandle I really wish Comcast Sportsnet Houston had worked. I would love to have a channel that had nightly news that focused solely on my favorite teams, as well as weekly shows for the Rockets and Astros. From what I've read Root Sports doesn't support those types of programs. Watching Calvin Murphy and Bill Doleman sign off tonight was really sad. Will miss their chemistry on the pre and post game show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.