1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. BonziWellsGOAT

I wish there were some more Cowboys fans to talk with on the bbs

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

So Joseph Randle was arrested for stealing a bottle of Guilty Black? Where's the meme?

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Jajajajaja!!!

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

LMAO!!!

5. Remii

Remii Member

Bwahahahaha....!!!!

6. Nero

Nero Member

This is just such a crazy thing. Making that kind of money, being in the position he is in.. what the heck?

It just seems beyond belief that ANYONE could be as stupid as this is being portrayed. We haven't really heard any official response or anything, or seen any security footage..

HOPEFULLY this turns out to be just some kind of awful misunderstanding.

But man, if this kid really just decided to steal, for no good reason, then cut that fool, get him off the team, we don't need that crap, especially not now.

7. Nero

Nero Member

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I have to say it is quite strange to see the Cowboys at the top of most of the NFL power rankings. It's an uncomfortable sort of feeling to be in that position. It's almost like we unseeded Seattle as the team to beat even though Seattle won the SB last season. I just know I haven't been this excited about football in what seems like forever.

Cowboys need to stick it to the Giants because a loss to them at home would be kind of devastating given Cruz is out and we are riding so high right now. I don't see how it could possibly happen...unless the Cowboys give it away by making a bunch of mistakes. We are playing our best football in a long time right now. Don't let up at all and don't get comfortable! Do what we know we need to do...and we will emerge victorious. WE...WILL...BE...VICTORIUS!!!! (so sayeth Muse...so sayeth the Cowboys flock). The bottom line is teams can talk all they want pre-game and off the field...but the Cowboys are blocking, hitting, and tackling very well right now...and that is a big reason why we are doing so well. If you look at the Giants overall, then we should be able to get good pressure on Eli with their relatively new o-line (as it takes time to build an o-line...it doesn't happen overnight...and based on what Philly did to them) but we should also be able to manhandle their defensive line with our o-line. But, Giants have won some big games against big teams on the road in past seasons...so one never knows. They are just Jekyll-and-Hyde right now. That's the best time to lay the hurt on them...cause they don't have their act together at all.

#308 Surfguy, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Lets hope the Cowboys come out with a sense of purpose and an US against the world mentality. The past 10 years they've too often played up or down to their competition.

Run the ball to set up the pass. Play aggressive defense... And please fix the special teams mistakes like the blocked punt.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cowboys need to take advantage of that NYG offensive line this weekend. No team can build a cohesive offensive line in one off-season like NY wishes they could do. An offensive line only comes to together after playing together for a while over multiple seasons. The Cowboys know that more than anybody; our offensive line didn't come together overnight. I'm expecting the Cowboys to continue dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball...even with Free hurt. Parnell should be able to step in and the offensive line should continue their dominance. The Cowboys have to stop gifting away turnovers or that will come back to bite them eventually. It's hard to win 5 games in a row in the NFL. It's even harder to keep that winning streak going. But, Cowboys should know obviously that...if they can dominate this home stretch over their next 3 games...they will be in great position going forward. These are not games you let the other teams come in to steal given the improvement this team has showed this season and what we did in Seattle last weekend. But, even with all that is going well, there is still that voice in the back of minds that says the Cowboys are still that 8-8 team waiting to shoot themselves in the foot again to average things out. Bottom line...take care of business at home!

11. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

The Cowboys have released on Michael Sam...........:p

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...-cowboys-partners-meundies-shoplifting-arrest

Joseph Randle to endorse MeUndies

13. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Excited to see this defense when they are healthy. Getting Lawrence back after the bye, hopefully Carter this week, Okoye/Brent, and Spencer/Melton continuing to get healthier should help out the D even more.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The record is all due to the O-line and Murray. Funny thing Cowboy fans have asked for more commitment to the running game and it never happened. Happens this year and look at the record.

16. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

I have bought Tix for the big game AZ vs Dal

17. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Nice. That is going to be a hell of a game. They've won the last 3 against us and we haven't won since 2006. Great matchup and will further reveal just where this team is at.

18. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I think the call to be a running team came from higher up. The Cowboys have had pretty good success running the ball:

2014- 4.8 YPA
    2013- 4.5 YPA
    2012- 3.8 YPA
    2011- 4.4 YPA

But, they never fully committed to the ground game. They bring in Linehan with his pass-happy offensive scheme with the two previous years bearing 41.2% and 34.6% running percentages. Garrett showed no inclination of becoming a balanced team as playcaller and keeping the ball on the ground in his stint as coordinator. What was the catalyst for the change in mentality? I'd like to think that Jerry has gained some sort of competence and his recent draft history is an indication of a light going off in his head, but that would be a steep proclamation. Garrett finally has the team, offensively, that he has wanted; and that started with building the O-line through the draft. Marinelli has the D playing pretty darn good with the best 3rd down conversion rate in the league. I said it all last year, if Dallas' defense could even become average, this team would be dangerous. They lost 5 game last season by 3 points or less.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

- The Coaching has just been insanely good and we seem to have a cohesive group of coaches and assistants. The Garrett offense became less effective every year in the league. That is why we always looked better when Romo was calling the shots in the no huddle or hurry up. Now Garret is able to actually be Head Coach. Linehan is a genius and I would pay him right now if I was Jerry J.

20. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I hope this game is flexed to 3:25. Texans are currently playing a home game at the same time. I have no idea why this game was initially scheduled for noon.