1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Gets Cut?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Moonscope, Oct 9, 2014.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

McHale seems to love him..I really miss Adelman he simply refused to play all the bad players Morey gave him.

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

only in houston do we make dwade look like 06 wade...

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

im assuming papa doesn't know the english word for wolf

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Looking like Adrien plus one other. Thinking Black is in. Still have a hard time seeing Dorsey cut. As hard as it is, I would cut Garcia as I don't see him playing much unless Pap plays a lot of
    PF.

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

It's time for Garcia to wear a suit and tie and hold a clipboard like Juwan Howard.

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Heat play better, shocking..we play only 1-on1

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Ish is gone. He's terrible.

8. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Dorsey is about to gorilla dunk his way off the team

Load the Cannon for Canaan as he is about to get fired

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i have no idea what morey and mchale have seen in him to invest the bulk of preseason on a turnover machine who can't shoot any better than chuck nevitt

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Don't know. McHale keeps mentioning Dorsey, but not playing him. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/mister25eight">@mister25eight</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> Who do you see not making the roster.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/524758459800367104">October 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Adrien looked so good the first two games, and was really good for the Bucks the last few months of the season. Not sure what happened to him, or if its mental, but its been disappointing that he hasn't been that crash the glass guy tough guy we were hoping for.

So Mitchell, Powell, Covington, and I guess we are comfortable adding Adrien.

One person goes from -

-Canaan (guaranteed $ next year)
    -Dorsey (guaranteed $ next year)
    -Garcia (final year, and can't be traded w/o consent)
    -I. Smith (final year, .9 mil guaranteed)

Kinda seems like Garcia would be my person cut, but I have a feeling he stays. The relationship built and the fact that he basically helped the Rockets out this Summer makes me think he might have been guaranteed a spot before the preseason even started. Just my intuition there, but Im going to be surprised if he gets waived even though I think its the obvious decision at this point.

(still some time left for Canaan to play Smith off the team, Adrien could play great the next 2 games, etc. We shall see.)

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably Dorsey and Ish are the likely candidates, also Black more because of his contract than his ability

Canaan's future is also not that bright
    Garcia does nothing of value

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly don't see Ish getting cut after him clearly being the backup PG in the first 6 preseason games.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Relax. We can get another PG through the Dleague, another Beverley via Europe, as trade filler.

It is not that farfetched

15. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think Ish & Canaan make it. As does Black. I think Dorsey/Adrien get cut. And having to account for Capella as a roster space takes one of those jobs away. :-/

17. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

I'm also impressed that Adrien can still be productive despite playing hurt. He really wants to make this squad and I want this guy as well even if we have to move Capela because I am confident that Adrien will help the Rox this season. The Rox will be a better team when he is able to heal and get back to the trenches...

#457 djperm, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  18. kemah

kemah Member

There is no way they keep Ish. Ish sucks and he should not be allowed to touch the ball again. Lets start looking at other options.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

problen ish and canaan are both inadequate

20. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Canaan can score. Ish can't do anything.