1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K15 vs. NBA Live 15

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Sep 6, 2014.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Would think they would wait till the ps4 price drops a bit before ignoring the ps3.

Pretty frustrating for those of us that can't spend 400 bucks lol

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I started a MyPlayer and tried out with the Magic which I earned two 10-day contracts, and then a guaranteed contract for the remainder of the year. The team was horrible. I played well enough to basically dictate where I wanted to go. So you know, I chose the Rockets. Season opener was against OKC and I was a starter. The game was tight the whole time, and with the game on the line, we make a defensive stop, no timeouts left, with about 7 seconds left. I take the ball down court, pull up for a mid-range jumper, and it goes in with 0's on the clock. It was pretty epic for me, haha. I literally stood up at my desk and raised my arms up all Swaggy P style.

[​IMG]

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

hahaha harden is hilarious

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AoaE4lze6_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Decided to play PF this year. Went to Toronto and got the starting job. Lowry and I's PnR is money every time.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

AH, like last year foul-wise. Had to push the foul call sliders up to 90 or something like that in 2k14, 2k doesn't seem to test their games for realistic stats.

6. AB423

AB423 Member

Does anybody actually play 12 minute quarters?

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I do.

8. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

That was the worst game I've ever played. It was like they released an unfinished product. Kobe's shot animation was a fadeaway. He could be wide open for three... fadeaway.

9. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Yup, playing 12 min quarters to get the stats up so when I'm a FA at the end of the year, I can try to get a max deal. Only played for a month with Toronto and I'm a starter with the most minutes per game.

Last night, had a game where the other team was up by 1. I passed it to my open teammate and he blew a open lay up. Opposing team got the rebound and I went to D him mid court. Decided eff it, I'm going to lose in 5 seconds anyways, and hit the steal button. I was able to knock the ball away from him, stole it and scored the winning lay up. :D

I started out rough because I was trying to save my VC till the end of the season to use it, but it was too difficult. I used all my VC on athleticism and rated 71 right now. Averaging 22 ppg, 9 rebound and 5 assists per game from my ten day contracts till now (mid March first season).

Got the Nike/Jordan cut scene last game. How many more games till I get the actual endorsement?

10. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

So you can still play for the Rockets even if they aren't on your 10-day contract lists? How?

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You have to wait until the first season is over.
    After that every team in the league will want you if you are good enough.

12. chow_yun_fat

Beasting...300 +/- Kinda lame, but I don't the game lets you win roy or mvp on your first year. I'm putting up better numbers than Lebron/Durant.

[​IMG]

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Up the difficulty lol.

14. chow_yun_fat

It's on default. Care to post pics of your myCareer guy, since you're sounding smug and all. You can put the difficulty on rookie for all I care. I did pretty well considering I'm still in my rookie season and my attributes are all zero except athleticism.

#114 chow_yun_fat, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  15. Christopher

Christopher Member

How is the franchise mode this year? I thought last years version of the game felt incomplete. It didn't let you customize the game like you should have been able to.

I like adding myself to the rockets and just playing franchise seasons. Can you do that now without having to play with other clubs first and having no control over what happens?

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol default is the reason your doing so good

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's too easy on every difficulties. Watched Smoove play on YT, P&R and crossovers are deadly because of the wack CPU rotations on defense in these situations.

18. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I haven't dived into yet but they added a lot of customization into franchise mode this year to allow players to create the league how they would like it to be played.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Hall of fame pisses me off, my team started getting blow out by 40 every game, its impossible to make shots (for me, rated 80 overall)

The default pro setting is a joke though, too easy.

20. chow_yun_fat

I'm pretty sure there's a setting between pro and hof, allstar I think? Why not play it on that? I played 2k14 on all star and did pretty well, but my guy was rated pretty high. Maybe you like punishing yourself in this game, like how others like playing Demon/Dark Souls.