1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Throttle

Throttle Member

LOHs dont understand that by trolling this thread, theyre actually adding to Lin's media hype. Lin's not around anymore yet there so many posts about him... this means they miss having him around to talk about lol

2. baubo

baubo Member

Preseason is preseason, but that box score for Lin just summed up his career in Houston. Somethings look great, some look bad, consistently inconsistent. In retrospect I don't think Morey would've traded him to the Lakers if he knew Bosh wasn't coming. But I'm not treating him leaving as anything more than a minor loss at this point. Possibly not even a loss depending on the play of Terry/Canaan.

3. Allegro

Allegro Member

Marshall never got double teamed last year. The Nuggets made sure to double Lin most of the time -- you know, as if they were scared of him. Imagine that.

And despite the double teams, and the brand-new teammates, Lin still managed to dish out 10 assists (on only 1 turnover).

4. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

So glad this chump is not on our team anymore...... His fans are worse though.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Lin just might lead the league in overcoming on and off court struggles.

6. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

It'll be interesting to check on this thread throughout the year. I'm betting whenever Lin does well it'll be mostly silent, but the minute he has a bad game there will be 10 extra pages added on here.

It seems like his haters are worse than his fans. Or are they all just trolls?

7. Exel

Exel Member

You should probably watch the clip again, Harden did not certainly tap the ball away from the defender. He did trip up the Portland player allowing Lin to dive for the loose ball though.

http://youtu.be/5iaj-O5olDQ

8. jamie10

jamie10 Member

Agreed. I think both sides are pretty bad, but if I had to pick which side is worst... It'll be the haters.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

True rockets fans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LOFs

10. jamie10

jamie10 Member

Of course :)

No one on this forum is debating that

Maybe just a bit less hating... It's not good for your health

11. calcium

calcium Member

So the kid is playing off the bench for a team not expected to make the playoffs?

You got to hate pretty strongly to target such a player, no?

He seems like a pretty nice person too.

12. theangrycanary

I just had a stunning moment of clarity about Jeremy Lin.

The reason for his inconsistency... his wilds ups and downs... all of it...

Dude has TERRIBLE HANDLES.

Lin is fast as Hell. He has elite speed. His jumpshot n three is average. He is actually very good at driving n layups which is crazy considering his lack of vertical athleticism. And he might even have HIGH basketball IQ. This is something I just realized. Let me explain why.

I think that his handles are so bad I think that it doesn't matter WHAT his bball IQ is.

I kept noticing in that lakers preseason game that he kept dribbling into really bad situations and then having to shoot the ball. And when he drove into traffic he would have to pick the ball up and make a bad shot or pass. i kept thinking... why is he dribbling into a corner with two guys on him? Then I realized... its cause he SUCKS at dribbling. He doesn't want to dribble into the corner, but if he tries to escape he will lose the dribble or get stripped.

You know that thing where he jumps into the air and then turns it over? Its because if he doesn't jump into the air he is going to have the ball stolen or get have to stop dribbling and get the ball stolen.

You know how in late game situations when lin has the ball, your nuts would freeze up? Its because we all knew that if the other team really pressured him they would probably be able to steal the ball or trap him.

All of Lin's problems stem from his ridiculously bad handles. He does this weird dribble where he dribbles with his hand directly on top of the ball with his arm stuck straight out. And he has to look directly at the ball a lot. In fact, everything about his posture is bad when he is dribbling. People with handles have their hands on the sides of the ball a lot. They are always leaning. And they NEVER look at the ball. They handle it without any thought.

I really think that is Lin's problem. He can't position himself well on the court and is a turnover liability in crunch time because he just sucks at dribbling. this one problem bleeds over into every aspect of his game and makes him the player he is. It makes him look timid, unconfident, low BBall IQ, turnover in crunch time, getting stripped in traffic, having to jump pass the ball in traffic, etc. Dude should quit working on his shot in the summer n work on dribbling at an NBA level.

The enigma of Lin is solved. We can all stop talking or thinking about him. We can all agree he had a lot of upside, but he just can't dribble. Which is probably the number one thing a point guard needs to be able to do.

13. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

14. VanityHalfBlack

This thread is going to be loads of fungasm!!! You guys are really a treat, I love all of you!

[​IMG]

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

LOH's don't exist on this board anymore. If someone was a LOH then they would have followed him over to the Lakers boards to talk trash.

1 person likes this.
  16. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

We're all just Rockets fans that happen to follow our mediocre ex-players... Nothing to see here.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

every single day of the rest of eternity this is true.

18. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

Lmao bust?overpaid? sucks? How about all of the above. He should just start his own league with Tim Tebow, A league for players that don't play too good but pray real hard.

19. afk

afk Member

It never ends.

20. Snorkin

Snorkin Member

why is this thread still alive???? jesus, let the man play in peace.