1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They didn't trade up because they didn't want Bridgewater.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by LelWestbrick, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bobby's bias against Bridgewater is pretty evident. It would take Teddy to win MVP before Bobby acknowledges that he's a elite QB, and even then there's a good shot he'll just try to attribute Teddy's success to his supporting cast/defense.

He'll never give Teddy a fair shot.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's probably fair, I wouldn't acknowledge that Teddy Bridgewater is an elite QB until he showed some reason for me or anyone else to think that. Contrast that with those who think he's an elite QB despite having no reason whatsoever to have that opinion. I'm not real big on hero worship and willfully blind faith, but I understand that isn't how everyone thinks.

Keep pumping up Teddy Football though, VY fans did for years, now it's your time.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Right... the "performance" thing failed, so now it's a "familiarity" thing. Keep em coming.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Neither failed. He didn't outperform Cassel and he probably wouldn't have outperformed Fitz in this offense. Look, I know some of you guys see Teddy as a deity of sorts, but you have to understand that to most people, he's just another guy.

5. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Some posters' biased can't even conceive the notion Clowney might be injury-prone. MIGHT. Not saying he is, but just MIGHT BE.

#highhorse

We all hope he isn't though.

6. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Okay sir. I'm not a huge Teddy guy. Just thought your initial argument was bad. Then you flipped. Lol. It's all good.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny that the same posters who are trying to push the "Clowney is injury prone" trope are the same posters who pine over Teddy Bridgewater. It's pretty clear there is an agenda at play, those posters don't want to admit they were wrong about their savior Teddy so they feel the need to try and bash who the Texans went with.

They have very little to no evidence that Clowney is "injury prone" yet they believe it for whatever reason and they have no evidence whatsoever that Teddy B is a future elite QB, yet they believe it anyway. I see a trend.

8. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Never noticed specific posters regarding the 2 issues. But it would be a shame if they "hope" Clowney fails just to say they were right. :(

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/...emma-college-sports-can-be-a-lousy-game-show/

And we know about the sports hernia surgery, concussion, and torn MCL in about 3 quarters of football this year.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Concussions are VERY common in football, you just hear about them more now, the hernia issue is something he's been dealing with for years, and the MCL was a fluke caused by a shoddy field. Again, that's not evidence of someone being "injury prone", it's just wishful thinking on the part of those who are pushing an agenda.

11. The Real Shady

Oh believe me it's not wishful thinking. I wanted the Texans to get Clowney and think he's an exceptional talent. Hope he's a badass. I'm just displaying facts that you don't know what you're talking about.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well you're doing a poor job of it. Just like anything else, if there is sufficient evidence, I'll believe it. So far, he took care of an injury he got over a year ago, he got a concussion which is something we wouldn't have even heard about a few years ago, and he stepped in a hole in a poorly designed field and hurt his knee. The last event is unfortunate, but it's hardly evidence of someone being "injury prone" and certainly not something to where he should be compared to Greg Oden like some joker was doing earlier.

13. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

that's not true. i am fine with clowney, but i remain disgusted the texans did not trade back into the 1st (given the cheap price) to snag a franchise qb. it's that simple. if we came out of the draft with clowney + teddy... it would be talked about for years. instead we are stuck with an out of shape DT and a guard who is having problems picking up the system (although i like him long term).

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again though, it's your opinion that if they'd have traded up for Bridgewater that we'd have a franchise QB, that's not my opinion and there really hasn't been anything to support that opinion. It was merely what some people thought about him in college before his tape was further scrutinized and before he underwhelmed in the draft process.

Also it's funny that you are already writing off Savage despite that being who BOB wanted. Why do you think that you know QB's better than he does?

15. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I could hardly care about Teddy atm. I loved him going into the draft, but that's toned down.

I'm more irritated about not drafting Carr. He has looked terrific, especially vs the Patriots. There were some passes he made challenging Revis which were just jaw dropping.

Had we drafted him though, the geniuses around Houston would've used his brother as a measuring stick for his success.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that could be the one that got away, but the idiot local fans would have made it impossible to draft him here even if the new regime had interest in him and there's no evidence that they did.

17. The Real Shady

Didn't see the game, but 21-34, 174 yds, 0 tds, 1 int, doesn't sound terrific.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's very much a Captain checkdown type, but he seems to have potential as a game manager if he had some talent around him. This was a fairly weak QB class and Carr could very well end up being the best of them unless Bortles shows something.

19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I don't think I know more about football than BOB.

What I do know is Teddy is a bonafide NFL Franchise QB. I will leave it at that.

Just like choosing Schaub over Peyton Manning, and drafting Posey over Russell Wilson in the 3rd round.... Not trading back into the 1st for Bridgewater is another MISSED OPPORTUNITY for this franchise. Just another notch on the belt for old man McNair.

20. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The overall statline may not look great, but he showed that game exactly what you want in a rookie.

There was this one throw he made on Revis which was just unguardable by a DB that just made my jaw drop.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Carr was 5-6 for 63 yards targeting Revis with a PI also. Per <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF">@PFF</a> that is tied for 2nd most completions on Revis past 6 seasons. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash">#Raiders</a></p>&mdash; Josh Dubow (@JoshDubowAP) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshDubowAP/status/514061255443628033">September 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.