1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Giants

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2014.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I agree not being able to control the clock with the run doomed us.. Arian means a lot to this team, and that was shown today. I thought Fitz looked good on that one drive in the hurry up offense.

2. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Not too sure whether the offensive struggles were due to Arian missing, or the O-line getting pushed around (probably both), but seeing Blue and Brown run straight into the line for 2 yard gains was tough to watch.

One positive was Nuk. Man, those are some crazy hands.

2-1 isn't bad, but this L is really gonna sober up the team and fans.

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Is not mostly Fitzpatrick's fault, is more on the O-Line. But the Giants were good today and better you can't deny that.

4. thejav

thejav Member

exactly..if we needed to loose a game it would have been this one..out of conference losses mean less..bounce back next game..

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I made a comment earlier in this thread about this team needing a good NT to help shore up the run defense. What is wrong with Nix? Is he injured, in the doghouse, or both? I kept hearing how this guy had 1st round talent before his injury last year.

6. mario_v

mario_v Member

Why is everyone giving Fitzpatrick a pass? He was awful. Yes, his o-line was inconsistent but sometimes good qbs have to make chicken salad out of chicken s h I t.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Getting a pass? You mean half the game thread(if not more) calling for his benching? ;)

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

Didn't they say that he's lazy and doesn't play hard enough?

9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

That's what coach Bob has been saying which is leading me to believe he's in the doghouse. If he is healthy enough to play, he needs to be given a chance because the run defense needs help. I hate they let go Ricardo Mathews especially if they weren't confident enough in Nix.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

When did BOB say that Nix was lazy and didn't try hard enough??

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Press conference. Before the Denver preseason game.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Giants stepped up and won a must win game, they crushed our defense and our offense was stagnant without Foster. Hopefully we get Clowney back soon to give our D a little bit of a boost because they need it. We aren't a team built to win high scoring games.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Coach Bob has implied he's not high on Nix by saying he has a long way to go. I don't recall him specifically saying he was lazy and didn't play hard. It must be something that has really turned coach Bob off about Nix if he is possibly healthy enough to play and he's not playing. I don't know, that's why I was asking if he is injured or in the doghouse because the Texans need all the help they can get on run D.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well he's recovering from injury and he missed a lot of the off-season stuff and he came in out of shape. He was WAY behind and the vets in front of him looked almost competent up to this point. I would expect to see him in the games fairly soon.

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I hope so. I'm anxious to see if he can help the run D any.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

"He’s a third-round draft pick and he needs to make sure he’s working extremely hard every day to play pro football."

"You have a guy there that’s a young guy who really doesn’t totally get it yet, what it means to play in this league. He has to come out and earn it. He’s better than he was when he came out on the field a couple weeks ago against Atlanta, but he’s got a long way to go."

"Football shape," O'Brien said. "Football knowledge. NFL knowledge. What it takes to play in this League, day in and day out."

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Sounds more like he's behind then just straight out lazy

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, O'brien has implied a lot that he is not high on Nix, that's no secret. I was just saying O'brien didn't specifically say he was lazy and didn't play hard. O'brien's more forthright with his criticism than the last regime but not that forthright.

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

man our run defense has to be one of the worst in the league.

dont care for the loss just a bad game overall but the run defense HAS to improve

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

We weren't going 16-0 but, the thing I don't like is how good we made the Giants look. Eli greatness had been questioned, ditto Cruz, ditto their o-line and ability to force turnovers. We made ALL those factors look like their biggest strengths. A close loss would've been much more acceptable.