1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Unless they get Harden or Howard, I doubt it. I don't see a Houston and Boston deal coming together unless we get a 3rd team in there.

2. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

I can definitely see a us pulling a trade, but it would have to be with a third team.

I'm not a cap expert, but they have TWO ugly contracts (till 2015/2016) on their team we could take off their hands. Jeff Greene 9.2 mill and Gerald Wallace 10.1mill.
    Gerald Wallace being the obvious uglier one.

Again I'm not sure how the cap numbers would work...but

Rockets send: TPE (going to a 3rd team)+Jones+ Ariza+ Moti+Capella+ Cov or Cannan+NOP 1st+ Houston 2nd + NYK 2nd

Rockets incoming: Rondo+ Greene or Wallace.

If wallace is included, I'm not even sure we do that trade.

Im not arguing whether we should make that trade (if it makes us bette or worse), My point is, if we can find a way to take back one of Greene or Wallace we have enough assets to bring in a player like Rondo.

3. basketballholic

cyberx,

Looking back over this thread......

Is it fair to say that both Ainge and Morey overplayed their hands?? We wound up losing CP and Ainge is most likely going to get a much lower return on Rondo IF he trades him.

With that in mind it appears to me that if we want Rondo we can probably get him. Even though CP is gone, Rondo is playing this thing very smartly. The market is very limited for him because he simply isn't going to re-sign with several teams if he is traded there. So that puts Ainge in a pickle as far as getting value for him. He's either got to trade Rondo for 50 cents on the dollar or give Rondo a super max contract with a no-trade clause so Rondo can control his future. That's probably the only way he can prevent Rondo from walking away for nothing to the team of Rondo's choosing next summer.

With all that said.......we know Morey was highly interested in acquiring Rondo. And we know what type of player Rondo is. He's a ball-dominant playmaker who can't shoot and has to be surrounded by shooters.

The interesting thing here to me is you put forth that the concerns Harden and Howard had were about his attitude and disposition. The fact that they like to joke around and have fun and Rondo is all business bothered them. But nothing was mentioned about his floor game clashing with Harden's game. Nothing about him dominating the ball and Harden having to play off-the-ball more.

Looking back here and knowing what I now know I am drawing 2 conclusions:

1. We can acquire Rondo in trade without giving up the farm if we want him and if Rondo wants out of Boston. Even though CP is gone..Rondo's trade market is limited by the teams that already have an ace PG and further limited by Rondo's narrow channel of acceptable teams that he would re-sign with. And he's moving towards free agency. He is acquirable, especially if he has told Ainge he's walking.

2. If we want Rondo we want Rubio even more.

4. htownrocketman

Basketballholic, my conclusion is your conclusions are always crap.

4 people like this.
  5. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Why would anyone want to bump this thread at this time unless there was an update? :confused:

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Saw that this thread was bumped and got my hopes up. Smh

7. htownrocketman

Its basketballholic's main contribution to this site.. ANNOYANCE!

1 person likes this.
  8. Amir's Johnson

24/7.

9. bmd

bmd Member

Why do people keep bumping up old threads? It's pointless and annoying.

Just make a new thread if you have new news or if it is a random comment, make the comment in a current thread.

People on this site have a weird obsession with never letting old threads die.

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Look who the attention w**** starved tard is who bumped it. Shocked now?

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

WTF? Not sure if bbholic or just plain alcoholic........

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Jopat is going full DD on this board. Yikes.

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

What is your obession with Rubio??

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Guys calm down before we run off another insider! :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  16. caneks

caneks Rookie

The only trade happened between Rockets and Celtics in the last a few years is a S&T. It does not appear that Celtics would change any time soon. I am not sure Rockets has players attractive to Celtics to trade Rondo except those 2 stars.

17. basketballholic

I'm not obsessed with Rubio. I happen to believe he's one of the better players that may be acquirable. It's not everyday that quality players become acquirable. I'd be talking about Lebron non-stop if he were acquirable. When Love was on the market I talked about him a lot, because he was a acquirable and a fit here and a target of Morey.

Rubio MAY be acquirable. He's on the short list of very good players who MAY be acquirable either now or in the not too distant future.

If LaMarcus does not sign an extension and I feel like he may be acquirable later in the season....I'll probably start talking about him a lot.

Understand?

18. basketballholic

Already ignored your other username. Now I'm ignoring this one as well. Congrats.

19. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

sheesh bruh! I didn't think it was that serious....

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You learn something new everyday. Didn't know jopat was bballholic. Makes sense now tbh.