1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Please read post number 10148. $ 19.75 M a year for 3 years is not cheap, let alone dirt cheap.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Moreys way isn't working either. 3 years will be up in no time. do while we have Howard and Harden, Morey better hurry up and build a championship caliber team around them.

" Time Waits for no Man"

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, Cyber....I find it hard to fathom that you really believe the whole DWill thing. Perhaps it's a matter of perspective/angles/sources....

5. solodolo

solodolo Member

Cyberex vs plowman

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

Just quit it with this DWill idea....Dude has glass ankles...No thanks....We better be shooting for Dragic or Bledsoe. Also, Rondo and Rubio can't shoot, Having Rubio is by far the worst option. It makes me sleepy just thinking about him on our team.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

One year, that's what he's had, one year

1 person likes this.
  8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Exactly, why would we pass on Parsons only to sign up with that horendous deal

9. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

I do not believe at any point cyberx claimed anything except stating something he heard concerning the Rockets. With that being said, why would you be offensive to a perceived 'insider' sharing information to the masses concerning the Rockets. :rolleyes:

10. omgTHEpotential

So who's the best insider out there?

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL Deron Williams and that contract would be a fate worse than death. Morey ain't about to do that.

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Message me for details...

14. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that a team has a right of "set-off" after waiving and stretching a player's salary. That is, unless the team waives its right of set-off (which happens quite often in connection with buyouts).

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't mean it that way....

That's what he heard..Now, his reaction to it is another matter...Cyber has more of an agent's perspective/ sources/and LA fan (we forgive you) angle...

Whereas there is the Rockets angle....

16. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

You have to read the whole thing to get a sense of what's really going on here.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, I would have expected cyberx to relay the Deron Williams info and then add, "Not that it's a likelihood, given 'x', 'y', and 'z'."

Then we could just chew on the "why" Morey would even still ruminate over DWill. Is DWill like the hottie who got away, even if she went downhill quickly, you can't quit pining? Does his contract expire at the same time another major free agent will become available (*cough* Durant! *cough* Durant!) Etc.

And if he still has wood for Dwill, if even a semi-chub, then he certainly can get it up for Rubio or Rondo. Because Dwill at this point is only attractive in very dim lights after four Dos XX and two shots of tequila.

18. delishman

delishman Member

Plow..

How do you feel about the Batman's post that the Rox are only really targeting one of these PGs?

19. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

May be farfetched but could the Nets be sending these positive vibes out in an attempt to improve his trade value? cyberx is connected to player agency circles, maybe the nets leak out that Morey is interested in DWill or something. And work with the paper to say he's healthy now.

Now that I type it out it seems ridiculous that such a situation would move the needle for any real GM, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

morey has to explore all options..due diligence per se.. That's all that cyberx is reporting here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.