1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is basically a wash

Defense, Steals, 3 point accuracy versus Better Ball handling, Scoring, Assists

2. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Dwight isn't that good in the post either and he has major problems facing taller centers.

Dwight is at his best when he's off the ball, doing the PNR, and getting rebounds and put backs. He has the agility and speed to outrun and out maneuver most big men. As a back to the basket player he's just not good enough to finish consistently, especially when his foul shot is off.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

At the end of the day, Parson's got paid, can't blame him for taking the money, pretty much everyone here would do the same.

The Rockets messed up by taking a risk a year before they had to, but it is time to move on.

DD

1 person likes this.
  4. houactuar

houactuar Member

If you want to move on then move on and don't post here. If you post and I disagree with you then I will say so. It isn't over just because you say it is over, you don't get the last word just because you want it.

Do I blame Parsons for taking the money? Nope. Do I have to like him for it? Nope. Despite you and others saying who wouldn't take the money? Money is not the most important thing. Is there anything you would not do for a few dollars?

Now, at the end of the day, basketball players do leave for more money. That alone is not worth holding a grudge about. But you can move on with class OR you can say stupid immature shallow statements that leave bitter feelings. Parsons did not leave with class. He has insulted his former team, he has insulted the organization and his team mates. He kisses but by calling Dirk so great, Cuban the best owner in all of sports, the Mav coach so awesome, Tyson Chandler the best 5 he could dream of playing for. Now maybe all that doesn't rub you the wrong way. But I don't like it.

Sure, it is a business. Everyone knows this. But it is personal too. Chandler is an immature twit. It is personal too. You can break up with class. You can leave for more money and I can respect that. But after you break up with your girl friend, after Parsons breaks up, he says things like "my last girlfriend was fat, overweight, bad in bed and ugly, I can't believe I even went out with her." No class. Just shut up and take your money.

Loyalty works both ways. If he leaves for more money to don a Mavs jersey, then why as a fan should I continue to like him as if he still played for the Rockets. Know this, on the court, he and Cuban want to destroy the Rockets. As a Rocket fan to the core, he is now the enemy. I see no need to defend his traitorous actions. Know this. Parsons never loved Houston fans. He simply used us to get his money. Frankly, I don't think Parsons is capable of loving anyone or anything other than himself and the sound of his own voice. Just my opinion, of course.

Good day.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

sounds like you are actually taking it more personal then CP is. and you're taking whats been said in the media way too literally and personally. i hope you realize in reality CP is still bff's with the likes of harden, howard etc..

6. houactuar

houactuar Member

Maybe. Maybe not. Are you a fan of the rockets or not? If you are simply a fan of the NBA then sure, it isn't personal. If you bleed red and not blue, then it is personal.

We'll see how friendly they are if they meet up in the playoffs. We'll see how friendly they are after one team wins and one team loses.

Champions have a competitive fire. Michael Jordan wanted to beat his competition. You think the Celtics and Lakers liked each other? The Bulls and the Pistons?

They were friends while Parsons was a Rocket. That hasn't worn off yet. Forever is a long time. I think you could be wrong if they meet up a few times in the regular season with seeding on the line or in the playoffs when one team moves on in quest for chip and the other goes home. Cain and Able were brothers. BFF? Not human nature when you become an enemy.

7. houactuar

houactuar Member

I want to see what happens when Parsons drives the lane and Howard stands between him and the rim with a meaningful game on the line. Forever is a long time.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

like i said in reality they will all still continue to be close regardless of what happens. of course when you're on the court each person is gonna try to win but as far as personal off the court it isn't as serious as you're making it seem. all nba players understand the business side of the league especially teammates that are closer to each other

9. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I don't think Chandler Parsons, James Harden or Dwight Howard really have the competitive fire of someone like Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. Parsons and Harden may eventually develop it, but they all seem to be content with losing. Sure they want to win a championship and will always tell the press they only care about winning and rings...blah blah, but in reality, they aren't going to lose any sleep getting knocked out of round 1 every year.

Howard is already past his prime so it's unlikely he will ever develop a fire...I mean he will tell the media that he wants a ring, but that's just for his image. In reality, he just wants to go out and play and goof around and hopefully win a ring, but if not, no sweat. Like he says, he's a winner already whether he wins a championship or not. In fact, just one year of getting chewed out by Kobe and Steve Nash for being lazy and not taking things seriously was too much for him.

10. NotChandlerParsons

He left a team that's paying 30 mil to two broken guys to take less money for a team that has a shot. I'd say he is one of the few who obviously does value winning a ring.

11. slestack11

slestack11 Member

He also left a team where he would be under the microscope for winning a title and would be labelled a loser every year he does not to join a team where he does not get criticized for losing in the first round. Sure he would like to win a ring, but there's no pressure for him to do so on the Rockets. It would just be icing on the cake. Plus, the income tax rules make the take home salaries about the same even though Rockets offered less.

12. NotChandlerParsons

lol where you been? Everywhere I go people hate on the Rockets and Harden/Dwight. LA is hard on their players but at least they have more fans than everyone else.

13. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Like who? Dwight looked great against everybody last season -- except for that off game against Andrea Bargani. He torched Roy Hibbert, and he's as tall as they come.

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

the only person that comes to mind that Dwight didn't do well against was the older player from Golden State.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Officially official...

Check out dad's shirt. :grin:

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/sVCq3QLiik/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

http://instagram.com/p/sVCq3QLiik/

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Rockets used their option on Dragic and then he went UFA. Many people said we messed up doing the option route to UFA, too.

What is it? Go RFA or take the option and go UFA a year later?

imo, we didn't mess up. Cuban just stole Parsons away. Simple as that.

1 person likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Does not matter if Parsons underachieves and Ariza overachieves.

All about production and living up to your contract

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Is the fat guy on the right his brother?

19. VanityHalfBlack

No, that is Bradley Cooper from the Hangover and the voice of Rocket Racoon.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It was Bosh's fault.