1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Timberwolves bowing out without a fight? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Texans @ Raiders

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 9, 2014.

1. spankz141

spankz141 Member

The Raiders are awful and we went in and took care of business....Last year, this team would have let the Raiders stay in the game and might have lost...

2. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

love it :cool:

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

4. MONON

MONON Member

I was wondering why JJ was so wide open fore his TD, so I rewatched it & noticed that Watt was a TE on 1st & goal also. He blocked down right as Foster ran right & lost a yard. I guess the Raiders thought he was in there for blocking purposes only. He was sooooo wide open on that play. I loved his comment "The ball took so long". :grin: Thanks Jet Blast for that quote from JJ.

5. conquistador#11

is there a gif of the watt!? Td?

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Raiders defense blew the play, with both players leaking out to cover Foster. If they really paid attention to the number on his jersey, it shouldve clued them to the fact that the play was a passing play..with a high likely-hood that 99 was getting the ball.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they thought he was merely a decoy, I doubt JJ Watt went on the field without them noticing. Perhaps they didn't know that he used to be a TE before he was a DE.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Just bc his number is 99 doesn't mean he's getting the ball...you pay attention to the position of the player regardless of number.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

He also was blocking in the previous play when Arian lost a yard, so it was a mistake on Moore.

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

JJ's TD was no big deal. He didn't brag about it in just saying he wanted to help the team any way he could but I would have said anyone of the 53 guys could have caught that ball.

12. Buck Turgidson

Considering they announce "Number X is an eligible receiver" over the loudspeaker before the play, I think that's a safe assumption.

13. conquistador#11

alright, alright, alright, which of you guys asked coach if the giants game is a trap game?
    =)

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

"Excuse me"

I bet that is the last time that is asked all year.

Lmao!

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't teams have to announce a player is eligible to receive?

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Well:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mort said on ESPN there is already talk of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash">#Raiders</a> HC Dennis Allen losing job. &quot;I know a lot of ppl around the league are talking about it&quot;</p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/511605062716493824">September 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

damn they want their own BOB

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Not if they are lined up on the end of the line, outside of the tackle where JJ was. I believe that you only have to declare eligibility when running two TEs on the same side of the line (or a TE and an extra Tackle that you want to be able to go downfield).

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Only if its a lineman.... and even then, you only need to let the refs know (I don't think its announced anymore).

Watt came in and lined up as a TE.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Eh, I disagree. Carr looked pretty comfortable out there, and I was expecting a little more pressure on both the blitzes as well as on plays where Watt was double-triple teamed. Watt went in unblocked on the hit that led to the Reed INT.

Again, its not surprising given the paltry pressure that Reed/Mercilus got last year with similar attention being paid to Watt... and maybe the Raiders O-line is just that good.

Clowney is almost a necessity to help when Watt is held in check... but till then, even Eli could cause some damage with enough time to throw (unless this secondary is going to constantly get strips while the opposing team is streaking for a TD within the 20).