1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black chick arrested cuz of white boyfriend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, Sep 14, 2014.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i still don't understand why the black didn't show an id.

2 people like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Did she have something to hide? We need to wait for more facts.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

ID proves you're not a prostitute?

Or does it say prostitute on there?

4. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Straight out of the bigtexxx school of idiots. She's black....must be up to no good.

5. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I'm sorry but I could not reply to that thread because the fact that it was reverse racism makes not sense to me. The majority of people that make these dumb comments have to be in their late twenties or thirties right? As someone that is generation Y (1990), know that even though we aren't as smart as you (blame the 1996 till 1999 born), we sure are better than you when it comes to racial issues.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Sigh, mandatory video...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QR465HoCWFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The French have a mandatory ID law. Here in the US we do not. I personally am ok with either law, but don't agree with people here being ok with cops detaining people for not breaking the law. If we as citizens should always show IDs to cops when they ask (no matter what the reason) and are required to always carry ID, then the legislature should pass laws putting that into effect. At UH, your ID is not your property and your are required to show and/or surrender it to any UH official that asks. That's fine. That's the game you agree upon getting it. It's not the law in the US with your official ID. If we all think people should show it, then let's start a movement to give cops more power.

9. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

The black???? You couldn't just say the woman?

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Should have shown ID, then talk **** to them afterwards.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Officers generally use it to verify the 2 parties know each other and are who they say they are.

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

theyre damned if they do and damned if they dont.. people will claim they want that until something bad happens, then people will cry "why didnt the police do anything?" thats completely unrelated to what happened here. however, this entire thing could have been a non-story if she pulled out her ID.. its that simple.. the cop here did racially profile her, and he was wrong for doing so, but why make this an even bigger event.. i never understand why people feel the need to disobey an officers request over "prinicples." i say this as an hispanic male that has been racially profiled before, ive "fit the description" twice, i never threw a hissy fit, i followed the police officers orders and when they realized they had made a mistake i requested their badges and went on my way home. people like being drama queens..

13. conquistador#11

in before "it's her fault for wearing a leopard skin skirt or whatever hookers wear."

smh at the police. everyone knows prostitutes dont kiss. come on, breehhs.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

"It happened to me and I'm fine with it so it should be fine for everyone. "

15. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a significant difference between "can" and "does all the time". For most of us who are white, we might have one or two stories at most that involve being stopped and pressed by cops for doing nothing wrong.

For minorities (particularly those with brown skin), it's not just one time - it's a frequent or even constant annoyance. And when cops do it for trivial reasons, the humiliation it causes toward the person fosters a sense of distrust.

Cops have a hard job and it may be inevitable that the job prejudices them against certain demographics. But that doesn't excuse them for demeaning anyone who's doing nothing wrong (or even appears to be wrong).

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is sad and I'm hispanic.

Not all of us are nutless and without knowledge of the law.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Just show your id. Geez it's not that hard. I couldn't tell from how she explained things, but it didn't sound like this was something that has happened before.

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Statistics on black crime and their leading indicators: income, education and employment. If you factor in the amount of times I or any black person haven't been suspected of a crime by the police the "strangely odd" numbers actually add up.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

IT'S NOT ABOUT NOT SHOWING YOUR ID.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Cops have the responsibility to prevent crimes when possible, and necessary discretion to preclude it at all stages. Every minute I lived at school and I saw a campus officer, I made eye contact and asked him or her how they were doing. Every time I walked to the campus convenience or nearby street without a back pack, or to a different dorm with a long coat, I was prepared to show ID: campus first, then DL, and did every time. I have no patience or respect for this child, who draws an income playing make-believe and then blubbers and whines like an infant when the predictable consequences of unnecessarily intransigent behavior in the face of public servants trying to solve a real, urgent problem come to the fore.

1 person likes this.