1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 12, 2014.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That is the worst redaction I have ever seen. You can clearly read all of the names, wtf.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The injuries were worse than I expected. Hope Adrian beats the case though because sounds like the child needed it.

1 person likes this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So a FOUR year old needed (your word) to be whipped with a switch to the point where he had open/bleeding wounds on multiple parts of his body including his scrotum?

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Darrin is pissed they skimped on the Sharpie.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He needed it over pushing his brother away from a video game? At 4 years old? That's basically the age kids just start to really screw up. How about teaching them right from wrong and explaining why it's wrong, taking away their favorite toy (or video game in this case) and seeing how that works for a while, first? Nope, let's just beat the kid for not automatically knowing how to act at 4 years old.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

AP doesn't have time for that. He's got kids with different women all over the country. He has to give his kids a beating they wont forget because he may not see them again for a while.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I got the switch a few times from my grandma, but it was just a quick swat. Injuries like this kid has show that AP clearly went too far.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

spanking on the butt? look obviously when i say within reason it isn't enough to break out of a wet paper bag.

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Kid needs tougher skin.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I messaged Darrin on FB telling him to FREE AP.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe you guys weren't as deviant or tough as AP'S son.

You don't think AP and his bm already tried talking and taking away privileges?

Funny and sadly true

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The kid is 4, how tough and deviant can he be?

Again, the kid is 4. He's going to make mistakes. It's what kids do. He's literally new to the world. How much time could AP have possibly given the kid to learn from his mistakes at 4? The kid is barely understanding how the world works and how to control his own body. You've got to give him time to develop and learn to reason things out. It's not gonna happen between being 4.2 yrs and 4.6 yrs old.

And considering AP has talked about previous incidents, it doesn't sound like he just started hitting him. If he's ever really tried taking privileges away it would seem like it was quick 3 strikes, if 3 at all, and he quickly moved on to hitting.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Cmon now all you got to do is sit him down and explain to him spitting in peoples faces is frowned upon and not accepted in todays society and over time he might get the message, Or you can light that @ss up and he WILL get the message.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If you leave long term marks like bruises and cuts, you've gone too far.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Or you can simply not take him to places like Chuck E Cheeses and let him throw his tantrum and figure out you're not budging, and he'll have to act right, if he wants to go.

It's easy to say he needs to be hit, once he's already out of control, but what got him to that point? I'm sure more could have been done before, but his parents didn't bother.

17. Fantasma Negro

He's Dallas Cowboys material now LoL

18. Major

Major Member

Except, of course, that AP stated that he has done this before - so clearly, the kid did NOT get the message if he was still misbehaving.

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I learned both...

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I guess we'll wait to press charges in a few years?