1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Female Roommate Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Downtown Sniper, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

And no matter what happens in the next few weeks (your car broke down, 6 feet snow, etc...) FOLLOW THROUGH on what you wrote.

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Reply back "Really don't care about your comings and goings, but where's the ******* breakfast woman?!?! I forked the flowers, you make breakfast sammich, capisce?"

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Great advice... If only OP could execute this speech. It's all about the delivery... Keep it light and easy. But I have a feeling he'll f*** it up somehow.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Some pretty damn good advice.
    I'm going to follow through with adjusting this to fit in specific things, eventually.

I haven't bothered replying to her message yet.

The only thing I want is for the place to be cool to live in like it was the first few weeks - instead of being awkward walking out of my room.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You need to book a candlelight dinner for two and finally sort this thing out.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There's always a chance with being awkward walking out your room. Live with it.

Reply faster with what you want rather than thinking or strategerizing because right now, you're a **** thinker and it's easier being true than looking the best way that you can possibly be.

Women have a lifetime training to see thru you. Live with that too. Then not give a **** about it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

She will be your future wife. Be super nice to her and then follow up with bringing a girl over. Continue this.

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I have read the first page and the last two pages. Here are my thoughts:

1. OP, like all men, are attention whores and secretly LOVES the fact that roomate B (the girl who likes him) showed him sl much attention.
    2. OP moved in with two girls because he secretly was hoping for one of the girls to fall for him.
    3. OP is really more infatuated with roommate A (the one hes cool with) because she is not giving him the attention that he craves.
    4. OPs real question is "how do I keep roommate B interested in me without actually having to air the problem out?". Because once she comes out and says she likes him, the game is over and she no longer serves any purpose to him.

I will post more observations later. OP, please read my thoughts. If you agree, let me know. If you disagree, please re-read until you do agree, and let me know.

9. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

just reply and tell her that you tried to make it not awkward but ended up making it worse. that you are sorry and move on.

then do a bunch of return carriage and on the top say that you want to bang her and make the color white with a white background. if she sees your secret message, then you two are meant together. :D

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You're the one that's making it awkward.

1. Flowers shouldn't have been sent. She wasn't your girl and you weren't supposedly trying to hit it. Idc if she thought it was sweet.

2. Asking her what she was up to when she walks into the door isn't needed. If one of my boys comes over, I don't say...hey man, what did you do all day? How was your day is more general if you really want to stick to some generic formalities.

3. You like her. The fact that people were asking her if yall were a couple means that you were being pretty obvious about it. You caught the feels. She probably did too. It's all good. Move on.

Stop being emotional about what may or may not have transpired. Be cool, be a roommate. Roommates don't have to be BFF's. It's a financial relationship first. Go out with them. Enjoy life. Use your cute roommates to pull other chicks (wing-women).

#270 sammy, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is really an underrated technique.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Just discovered this thread and it totally rocks.

I think I've figured out what OP's problem is. It's actually very simple. OP is himself part woman. My evidence:

Time to start drinking like a man, young Padawan.

But seriously, you definitely have had a boner for this chick from the very start and at this point have weirded yourself into a position where she's no longer thinking of you in a good way, even as a roommate. Time to move on from this whole debacle and learn from your mistake so you can avoid similar pointless behavior in the future.

tldr version: You've f**ked this up beyond all hope -- learn a lesson, move on and just try to be a decent roommate. And quit drinking p***y drinks.

#272 topfive, Sep 5, 2014
  13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Damn, this situation is ever-changing. Time to pivot again... Flowers didn't work, emails didn't work, time to go back to where it all began. Make her breakfast tomorrow morning, just like she did for you. Preferably pancakes or French toast. Personally I'd opt for the French toast. Be sure to get a few loaves of quality bread. Sour dough, brioche, challah - Hell I don't know, have fun with it. Top it off with a conservative dip of churned butter and a heaping of homemade brown sugar syrup. Lastly, add a side of lightly scrambled eggs (or Over Easy if want to take advantage of dipping the French toast into it - Not my thing personally, but I know some people are into that), a few slices of crispy turkey bacon, and maybe a little garnish and a few thinly sliced pieces of orange and strawberry.

You both will be hashing things out over a delish Saturday morning breakfast before you know it. You can step things up a notch by serving it to her while she's still in bed. Cliché, yet still effective.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

And by all means, wear an apron while doing it. Preferably with a floral print.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Make sure you pop in a copy of Love, Actually.

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

And nothing underneath. Especially if you're serving her in bed.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My vote is for Crazy, Stupid, Love.

But seriously these stories remind me why I'm glad to be married.

"Here you go. Some eggs with a big side of sausage."

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Huevos Rauncheros!

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Impossible. There's a distinct lack of huevos in that apartment.

#279 topfive, Sep 5, 2014
  20. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

FIFY.