1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derek Carr

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mugrakers, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I was scared of Schaub putting up numbers vs the texans, but it might be worse if Carr does it.

Actually, Schaub would be worse. Carr had nothing to do with any of it.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

sounds like opening day of Jets vs Texans a few years back. remember Mark Sanchez? :)

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What a Countr . . .er . .Team

Rocket River

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Kevin Walter?

w/o Andre Johnson: 63%; 8.1 YPA; 89.8 QBR
    w/ Andre Johnson: 65%; 7.6 YPA; 90.8 QBR

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I agree...way too much blame on Schaub. He did a decent job while he was a starter. He just crashed last year, but he was good for the offense before that.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I was looking forward to 90 and 99 ripping Schaub into two pieces and then arguing which half of the wishbone is bigger while team medics frantically roll out a stretcher.

1 person likes this.
  7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I enjoyed reading that.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think it's officially time to let the Schaub stuff go once and for all.

ANCIENT HISTORY*

*shoutout to Trader Jorge, where ever you are

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Except the year he led the league in passing yards we had one of the weakest running games in the league...

Let's just call it as it is. He was great for a few years, solid for more, and horrible in the last one. No, you are not some football guru who called it years before, you were just one who had a vendetta against Schaub and after he had a bad season you could finally say you were right.

1 person likes this.
  10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If carr is as good as he showed in the preseason I could see him lighting up the Texans...

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a lot more worried about Carr than I would have been about Schaub that's for sure.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

If Clowney and Watt really form a dynamic duo, QB's want be looking forward to playing Houston.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

We still can't find a way to stop the Luck/Hilton combo. Texans kryptonite

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

They haven't seen Clowney, Cushing, and Watt at the same time….yet.

15. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Sucks that the Texans didn't draft him because of his last name happens to be Carr and the Texans have such a bad experience with the last Carr. But lots of times, brothers are usually the opposite. Just look at Blake Griffin and his older brother, or Goran Dragic and Zoran Dragic. You can't judge a player based on how terrible his bro was. Stephen Curry is a beast and his bro can barely make an NBA roster.

Back to Football. Derrick Carr has the tools and the skills to be a really good QB in the NFL. Think of how many great QBs the Texans passed up. Its unbelievable how the Texans keep looking pass the great QBs. If guys like Bridgewater or Carr becomes a great QB, the Texans would look incredibly stupid. Them not trading up to grab Bridgewater still baffles me. Now they got an old QB who is about to retire in a few years and two young QB who is destined to be average QB at best.

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

lol, chill out everyone. Carr hasn't done squat.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Schaub will be on both back feet trying to throw...easy pickings.

DD

18. msn

msn Member

I'm sure some fans felt this way. But if that is how the FO made its decision, they all need to be flipping burgers.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Carr is gonna get worked by RC and crew. First of all he only saw preseason vanilla defenses against backups. Secondly, he faces the Jets 3-4 week 1. That is gonna give RC tons of tape on what Carr had trouble with. Third, we got JJ and Clowney who in very brief moments together looked frightening. They will hit him hard early and often and he will be gun shy just like his bro.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The plus about preseason is that we were shown that Clowney can singlehandedly dominate another team's offensive series in back to back plays.

Watt has been doing it for two years already and we are getting Cushing back who is another play maker in his own right.

I think this team is underrated. This team is going to be very very good defensively and if Fitzpatrick plays average, than we will win a lot of games in this easy schedule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.