1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

People do realize Lin is NOT on the team any longer, right?

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

OP doesn't apparently.

3. Razsan

Razsan Member

Coach.....why didn't YOU call a timeout...Coach....why??????
    Coach: "I was busy trying to figure out how to put the worst defensive player on our team in a critical situation for game 6"

4. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I love how when Lin is faced with any criticism Lin fans start to degrade Harden and McHale. Why don't you just try to defend Lin instead of trying to knock other people down? If the criticism is unfair then state your reasoning as to why, if the criticism is unreasonable then just put the poster on ignore. Trying to trash McHale and Harden and the organization isn't helping your cause.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you like point guards who don't know how to follow coach's directions (been proven with evidence that mchale instructed his team to call time out)

or do you like point guards with an IQ of a durian fruit?
    ray charles would have called time out.

6. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Really, what does it matter what Lin does with the Lakers? He was never going to average 18 and 9 here.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin is going to make everyone forget Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Kobe, Shaq, Wilt, Jerry West.

Hell, Lin is going to make everyone forget evil Hollywood.

It's about Palo Alto, it's about Taiwan, it's about tweeting proverbs.

Watch Out LA.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Some of me still wishes I lived in Santa Monica so I can witness all of the Linjas's faces when he embarrasses himself.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

why did you leave Santa Monica?

10. Razsan

Razsan Member

Tinman...from what I've gathered reading NBA news, only Rocket fans that don't like Lin share that opinion. Most reports I read refer to him as smart, good BBall IQ, etc. Putting Lin aside, I truly believe the Rox will be an also-ran as long as McHale is head Coach. He was and is your real problem.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Sergio Martinez rose to stardom crushing Paul Williams

Jeremy Lin rose to stardom crushing all who fell before him

Here is a poem for the greatest bball player out of Palo Alto who when to the same school that Lin did during the same timeframe and then went to harvard for the same time period, ala just Lin

one by one they tried in vain,
    hoping to end the linsanity train,
    Just like the beautiful Sergio,
    Kobe said he didnt know,
    whos this Lin kid he so bad,
    he made money mayweather oh so mad,
    Why don't africans get the same cred!
    Poor Latrell just wanted more bread!

next installment of poems about Lin coming to a cinema near you this fall...

12. Razsan

Razsan Member

ZNB, it's not criticism, the remarks being made are derogatory and intended to rile up Lin fans.
    Honest discussion about Lin ended a long time ago in the GARM.

13. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

This doesn't make sense...

If you told MJ, Kobe, Harden to do nothing but stand in corner and get leftover kickout shots off the bench, they wouldn't average more than 16-18ppg either.

Lin will average at least 18ppg and 8apg on Lakers this season. He will be the best among the other PGs you dumped (Lowry, Dragic).

Kobe on limited physical ability will not want double and triple team, so he will want Lin to handle ball more and get him easy buckets.

On the Knicks as main ball handler Lin was getting scrubs like Jared Jeffries, Bill Walker, Landry Fields, rookie Iman Shumpert wide open shots it's like practice. I think he averaged like 2-3 alley oops assists per game to Shumpert and Fields alone.

But no on Rockets, Harden: "I'm the PG and SG. You're position-less, you're my role player w****. Go stand in corner and watch me ball."

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lin is a below average starter and an ok back-up at best. Lin at 3 years $25 Million is amongst the worst contracts in the league for his production.

Deal with it

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I missed my Houston Sports. No kidding... It was also getting a bit pricy for me. ;)

16. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

You sir, are your own breed of fan. Lin isn't in the same class as Dragic and Lowry, just isn't that player. Kobe is Kobe. He will come out with mentality of being the man. The optimism you have is admirable, but if Lin plays anything like how he played here, you will find out how ridiculous Laker fans can be. Prepare to be disappointed.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

18/8....

[​IMG]

18. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Lol. Withing a week of the start of the season Lin will lose them at least one game because of a TO and Lakers fans will have a field day.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So you're saying Lin is Kobe's new smush Parker?

20. Razsan

Razsan Member

LOL or drop 20 against the Rockets and help win game 1