1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will the Texans record be this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Plowman, Jul 27, 2014.

?

What will the Texans record be this year?

1. 2-14

2.8%
  2. 3-13

1.4%
  3. 4-12

6.4%
  4. 5-11

6.0%
  5. 6-10

14.6%
  6. 7-9

14.9%
  7. 8-8

13.2%
  8. 9-7

21.0%
  9. 10-6

14.9%
  10. 11-5 or better

4.6%
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That's the thing..I'm saying 6 wins and you're saying "much improved" and somehow we're not talking about the same thing after a 2 win season and losing 17 of our last 20 regular season games.

I wholeheartedly agree...we will be an improved team. I think we'll triple our win total, even!!!

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

10-6

Too short

3. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I think 6-7 wins, but Im hoping for a less than or equal to 4 win season. We need a first round qb next year.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

One could argue that if we had a better record last year that we would've been in better position to draft a QB. But having the #1 pick and Clowney available, it made it hard to justify taking a QB.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Texans are set at:

Runningback
    Wide Receiver
    Defensive Line
    Tight End
    Secondary will have better play as long as they keep up their good zone defense play (they are horrendous in man coverage as you saw vs Arizona)
    Special Teams has some nice players in it and Randy Bullock has looked solid

The big problem is how the overall offense does. There is lots of talent and depth at the skill positions minus quarterback.

As long as Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't the interception machine during clutch time like last season (11 of his interceptions came I believe on last minute drives), this team has the talent to make the playoffs.

Another question will be can the offensive line step up? Derek Newton from what I've seen and heard has improved as a right tackle, (he was playing left vs Atlanta), Fiedorowitz has been impressive blocking wise. XSF has been solid. Depth is the main concern here.

With improved play at the linebacker position, the team could have a top 5 defense again.

If Fitzpatrick is a disaster: 5-11
    If Fitzpatrick is average: 9-7 at least
    If Fitzpatrick is great: At least 12 wins

6. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

I don't know how set the Texans are at runningback. I can see Arian Foster having a really bad year...

7. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

8. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I though I was going to say 6-10 before I looked at the schedule. But most of the games on the schedule are winnable if we can stay healthy.

8-8

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

I want to see a regular season game or two. Everything changes when the season starts. For one thing is appears that this coaching staff is not going to stick with a losing proposition. Changes will be made, and surely the regular season offense will be more unpredictable. The defense "could" be elite if the secondary gets fixed some how. To me, at this point, all options are still real possibilities.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Vegas has us at 7.5, and I'm almost positive I'll be taking the under on that. Can't see us getting 8 wins this year at all, really.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, but you should probably check the schedule before you throw any money down.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

They come out with odds for the first 16 games of the season, then do week 17 after the first game is played. For the first 16 games, Texans favored to win 8 of them, while 3 of them are pick em games. Week 17 is against the Jags, so that could very well be a win.

At 7.5, I take the over easily.

13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Keep your money...we're busting through 8. I'm thinking 10, maybe 11 wins.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hmm...y'all are more confident than I am, but maybe you're right. I'd be surprised, but we shall see.

15. Remii

Remii Member

I'll be surprised if the Texans triple their win total from last year. I was confident they could get 6 wins _ now I'm not so sure they can get that many.
    A smart gambler would take the under...
    A homer fan would probably take the over...

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Put some money up then.

17. MadMax

I promise you...if I were in Vegas..I'd be firing on the under. And I'd be rooting against my own bet all season long.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I still say 8-8, but only because of the schedule.

Of course, I have to temper that with the always present injury possibility to guys like Foster, AJ and Cush. I can't see any of them playing 16 games this year and we don't have much behind them.

No matter what happens (within reason...), I'm going to enjoy this season JUST BECAUSE we don't have Kubiak anymore. If we lose, I doubt it will be because we got out-coached, like it constantly was during the last coaching regime.

19. MadMax

Absolutely...I can almost guarantee you it's going to be more fun to watch them this year than last year!

20. Remii

Remii Member

Nope... I've converted all of my sports gambling to fantasy leagues... It's fun and it's a business.