1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Just did a marathon of all the SAO episodes in one day. Reminds me a lot of .//hack but I felt a stronger connection with the characters in SAO. Overall a very good anime.. loved it more than HxH, surprisingly.

Tried Aldnoah Zero and got bored after the first three episodes. After my similar disinterest with Code Geass, I guess mecha animes simply don't appeal to me anymore after my Gundam days.

2. Swishh

Swishh Member

Gave Steins;Gate a try after seeing it be one of the top rated anime of all time. I'm 6 or so episodes in, and quite frankly, its pretty boring/confusing so far. Worth continuing?

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Sucks to hear that the HunterxHunter anime will be ending in 6 episodes (148) but we all saw it coming. One of the few animes based on a long-running series that was so good I managed to refuse to read the source material until it catches up/ends. Mondays/Tuesdays are about to turn into anime/manga dead zones for me.

4. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Nooooo! Will they continue the anime when there's more material?

5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

That sucks. I'm almost caught up (around episode 125, or something like that) and was looking forward to watching it as it aired. Oh well...

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

They usually do that when this happens, but in this case with how infrequently Togashi updates HxH it might not be all that feasable.

7. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Well *****. Looks like I'm stuck following just Akame Ga Kill and SAO II.

Togashi...! :mad::mad::mad:

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Can't say I'm surprised about HxH, but maybe extra popularity and attention will give us 48 new chapters each year instead of five chapters followed by a 6 month "sick holiday".

9. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

There are no words, pictures, or gifs that express my feelings of sadness. :(:(:(:(

I was promised a dark continent arc:(:(:(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Started HunterxHunter a couple weeks ago and love it

now i see its ending soon :(

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Aldnoah.zero question with spoiler from latest episode.
    Did Count Cruhteo die at the end of the episode there. Would suck since he would be a powerful ally.

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

For anyone that's a adult swim/toonami watched they are going to start showing Hellsing Ultimate on Sept 13th. Will replace Black Lagoon when it completes it's run

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Pretty sure he did. But at that point you knew it HAD to happen or else the show would've pretty much ended right there.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Awesome. Black Lagoon is taking up space on my DVR. I hear so many good things about it but it seems so boring to me. After about 10 episodes I don't even know if I want to continue watching. Toonami is still killing it by the way. Toonami every week instead of everyday has really catapulted the block into the stratosphere.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I really enjoyed Black Lagoon when I first watched it about 7 years ago. I binge watched it tho and the story came together easier for me that way. And the episodes towards the end were pretty bad ass

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His character had a major turning point. I think the plot can move on with him knowing about the princess. Maybe he is now stranded on Earth also and cant relay the message

17. mikus

mikus Member

Can Slaine catch a mutha-*****in' break? Damn! Talk about a guy hitting all the wrong turns!

Akame Ga Kill is only 8 episodes in and has already broken my heart 3 times. We are reaching Game of Thrones level here!

SAO II continues to intrigue and left us on a big cliffhanger.

This is a good season!

18. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

For real. I had already spoiled myself and knew this was going to happen, but man it still hurt.

P.S. Bulat this episode reminded me a lot of kamina from gurren lagann. Especially when speaking to tatsumi. Was my favorite character.

19. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

SAO II has been actually good, which has been a pleasant surprise. SAO's first half of the first season was fun, but nothing more, while the second part was pretty much everything that I hate about anime.

20. cdastros

cdastros Member

Akame ga kill is the best show I am watching right now. I have no clue what is going to happen next.