1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Military State] Ferguson, MO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by percicles, Aug 13, 2014.

1. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Very interesting stuff.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol...the race card! ...the lowest form of argumentation there is, yet by far the easiest!

3. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

5. Remii

Remii Member

Well, citizens don't have to worry about jaywalkers in neighborhood streets anymore because they could get gunned down by a police officer...
    Super Crime Fighters... Jaywalkers beware. We can all feel safe now.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yes let ignore all the facts and twist the news into our own liking.

I mean he was totally shot down because he was jaywalking right? that's definitely the most logical scenario, I mean all cops hate jaywalkers :rolleyes:

7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Lol I wasn't arguing, I was asking a question. Don't shoot me bro.

8. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

The city of Ferguson and the state of Missouri should sue CNN and the other liberal media outlets for drumming up this racial tension and misleading those gullible enough to think that Michael Brown was unjustly shot. Now that the true story is coming out, this was clearly a justified self defense shooting. It's not a good day for the credibility of protesters in Ferguson.

9. treeman

treeman Member

Serious question for those opposed to the militarization of the police force:

Many cops I know carry a plate carrier or other body armor and a carbine (M4/AR15 type) in their vehicles, whether required by the department or not. This is for a potential active shooter situation such as Columbine, Aurora, etc. When responding to such an incident where the shooter is heavily armed. Do you think this is appropriate?

Or should they have to take on an AR-armed assailant relatively unarmored (.223/5.56mm will slice right through the level 3A vest most officers regularly wear) and outgunned, or should they be able to don more powerful gear to level the field when engaging such fuqheads?

10. Remii

Remii Member

That's why he backed up in the middle of the street and almost ran them over in the process and stopped them for... A residential street that had so much traffic that people can jaywalk and or back a car up in reverse in the middle of it.
    That was a police priority that had to be delt with :rolleyes:

11. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Well, from what I can tell the police in Ferguson aren't facing what you describe, so...

12. treeman

treeman Member

You never know when you're going to face what I describe. It's kept in the trunk of the car for the possibility. When it happens, you don't have time to hit up the armory, you go with what you've got. And they either have it or they don't.

Understand, I think the PD botched the response here. They should have been in riot gear, not with PCs and ARs. Because, you know, it's a riot and not an active shooter situation. In a riot situation you keep a lethal option handy just in case, but LTLs should be the first resort.

I pose the question for those who want to take these tools away from them. I don't think these tools should be taken away, I simply want the PDs to use them appropriately. They have their time and place.

13. Remii

Remii Member

Level what field... Are you talking about the people in Ferguson...??? Lol...

Militarization of the police force could be the beginning of a police state... You can't seriously believe they are gearing up for poor folks with kitchen knives.

14. treeman

treeman Member

Reading is fundamental. Try it again.

15. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

But when the cop sits in the parking lot you think "What a lazy POS, he could be out fighting crime."

But when he does something, you criticize it. What if a jaywalker has a capital muder warrant out for his arrest? Was it a police priority? Was it a good stop?

I'll wait on an educated response to this.

Typical answer

Excellent post

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

And we thought Armchair Quarterbacks were tough to deal with!

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That is exactly what happened in North Hollywood and the UT shooting. North Hollywood being the only time they have faced superior weapons in my memory. Columbine was a 9mm and shotguns. Aurora the cops arrested him without a shootout. You have to point to examples where they need these weapons.

In north hollywood they went to get the weapons, got them, and killed the bad guys.

Right now we have a bunch of fatties getting geared up for their ego with expensive gear they don't need then complain about their low pay.

18. Remii

Remii Member

That's the second time you've said that to me and I've never mentioned anything about cops sitting in a parking lot and or what I think about them when they do. I really don't care what cops do until they start shooting up people (regardless of color) when it probably can be avoided.

Right back at ya... Because I answered your question.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't begrudge them having body armor and I don't think the PD should be disarmed down to revolvers and shotguns. That said how likely is your average beat cop going to need an M4 or is a PD going to need an MRAP? There is a reason why SWAT exists but by definition SWAT weapons and tactics aren't meant for beat cops.

20. treeman

treeman Member

No, you did not. You didn't even read it correctly. I was referring to active shooters, you thought I was referring to the protesters. You were so far off in your response it's mind boggling, which is why I asked you to read it again. Which you obviously did not.

Like I said, reading is fundamental. If you'd like to play the game, please read it and try again.