1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Expected sack total- Clowney

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ROXRAN, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I predict 13 sacks

2. Remii

Remii Member

This...

Now all you have to do is go back and fix you... Lolzzzzzz...!!!

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's a good point, Watt and Clowney's sack numbers might not show up if teams are always running the ball, but the TFL numbers should be through the roof if that happens.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this cannot be quoted enough. I don't know where they came from but they have managed to deathspiral texans talk. Even on ignore they still manage to kill threads because people actual try and talk to them

2 people like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's garbage like this that derails threads, stay on topic and stop whining.

6. baubo

baubo Member

Well, my qualifier for that statement is that they'll be healthy. I think the odds of that happening is about as likely as hoping both Yao and T-Mac to be healthy for an entire season.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Given the Texans' luck when it comes to injuries, I have to agree. They've lost either their starting QB or defensive captain for the year in 3 consecutive years. I don't think any team in the league has lost key guys like that every single year.

8. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Question. With Swearinger getting flagged for celebration, will they start flagging Watt for his salute?

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No, they won't.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they said his salute is fine, but he can't do the Mutombo finger wag anymore because it's seen as taunting. The big difference between what Swearinger was doing and what Watt does usually is that Swearinger was celebrating with another teammate which is against the rules (because the NFL is lame) and Watt's celebrations are always solo.

1 person likes this.
  11. Raven

Raven Member

Let's be honest, anything less than 10 sacks will be a disappointment.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't know how many he'll get, but hopefully he won't get 3 in a game and then take the next 4 games off like our last #1 pick used to do.

I already like Clowney more than Mario because he's faster and more athletic.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He'll also have a far more talented partner on the line, along with some talent in the LB core, than Mario had in his first 2-3 years here.

Great players make other players look good... I hope we see guys like Mercilus, Reed, and other lesser players be able to take advantage of the opportunities that Watt/Clowney will create by attracting extra players to guard them.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the problem with Swearinger's celebration was that he and the other guy had a "choreographed" celebration with the hand slap and showing their bellies to each other. It was pretty nit picky but I'd imagine the refs want to call it very tight now to set the tone.

I saw a few of the guys do that celebration. I'm not sure exactly what they were doing though..

1 person likes this.
  15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm sorry, who?

:confused:

16. Win

Win Contributing Member

He's talking about our former #1 draft pick which would do well to step it up about now, considering the abundant opportunity.... but i guess you knew that :cool:

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

To me, Clowney's biggest hurdle to overcome will be his motor and desire to be great. If he maintains focus, and doesn't take plays (or entire games) off, he can be as great (or even greater) than Watt. I would LOVE to see him get double digit sacks this season, but I think it's even more imperative that he feeds off Watt's energy and the two of them dominate TOGETHER. We saw Watt have a pretty good season last year, but it never resulted in favorable outcomes because the rest of his teammates weren't there to capitalize on his plays.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

a quarter of the Texans payroll will be paid to Watt and Clowney in 5 years......

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

He and Watt are going to have boatload of sacks. I truly think the whole Texan's defense is going to be formidable. If Nix's and Cushing's knees hold up, oh boy. You are looking at a potential "Mean Machine." Oops, I forgot the secondary. A better name might be "Smoked Toast."

20. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

5 years? You kidding me? 5 years?