1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teens enter Ray Allen's Fla. home through unlocked door in middle of night while wife, children slee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Those kids better be glad she didn't come down shooting and asked questions later...

2. Remii

Remii Member

Regardless of what you say if she would have shot them she would have been within her legal right to...

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

She should have killed them all to teach them a lesson.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Trespassing is not a joking matter. The kids should know that.

They should be penalized with some sort of community service. But the offense should be on their record, so that they do not do something like that again.

5. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

If a stranger enters my home without permission they should count themselves lucky to be able to walk out of there. I've been robbed before and it's one of the worst feelings ever. Probably the second worst feeling to hearing news of someone dear to your heart passing away suddenly.

These are ADULTS not children, they are all over the ages of 18. What are they doing in a house that they weren't invited to? Does a crime need to be committed before they're charged? (murder/theft) They don't have permission to enter the house and they entered the home AT NIGHT. What else would 7 adults do in a home at that time besides having intentions to do something wrong?

That being said, Mrs. Allen is also at fault for leaving the back door unlocked.

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

'at fault'?

7. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

they knew exactly what they were doing
    they should be charged

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What, no jokes yet?

I knew Ray Allen's defense had slipped another notch, but this is just inexcusable, especially on his home court.

9. shsu33

shsu33 Member

Charges should be presses b/c fans, esp young ones, need to know this kind of behavior is completely unacceptable.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Meanwhile . . . . . other kids get stalked in their own neighborhood and shot in Florida. . . and it is somehow THEIR OWN FAULT.

Rocket River

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

18 and 19 . . .are now KIDS
    but Trayvon was a GROWN MAN at 17?

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When race is not mentioned. . . you know the race . . . .

Rocket River

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Plowman and Cyberx are working really hard to get the inside scoop, we should support them instead of saying they should have been shot or should go to prison.... Sometimes sources run dry so they have to risk it.... Sooooo, is he coming to Houston?

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

NBA Dish & Discussion?

[​IMG]

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I was 8 when I broke into my neighbors house with the influence of an older kid. He was after the money I was distracted by the action figures. I knew the consequences were serious if we got caught. At 18 you should be charged like a full adult. That Duncan Guy Is A quack

16. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

nobody said they did... reading comprehension fail

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

18 or 19 arent kids...Kids(11-13) these days know more things than I ever knew...Walking into someone's home without their knowledge or permission should be a criminal offense and they should be prosecuted, and penalized. Allen and his lawyers better pursue this. They were looking to loot the place of valuables...

18. scottie brooks

Objection your honor. Conjecture!

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It really depends on how close the neighbors are. If my neighbor kids did that, I would work it out with their parents. If it was some random kid, I would press charges.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Throw the book at them. Don't worry -- if they were invited to a party next door to Ray Allen's house, they probably have money enough to get a lawyer who can negotiate a good deal for them. They won't be condemned to a life of crime now because this little non-event is on their records.

As for their intentions -- you can't say anything about it because there were 7 of them. Maybe 6 of them just wanted to walk around and leave, but the 7th guy was privately thinking he might pick up some souvenirs, and once he starts things get out of control. I have a friend who broke into a place on a lark and he didn't do anything bad there but his friends broke some stuff and stole some things, making the entire group much bigger criminals than they intended to be.

And then they all run -- but one guy out of the 7 is afraid he'll get caught so he turns himself in. Now the other 6 are in a prisoner's dilemma -- their friend will eventually name names, so if they don't speak up now the punishment will be worse when they're caught. So everyone surrenders pleading they had no ill-intent at all, but surrendering doesn't say anything about their intent -- they may have surrendered because they knew they were caught anyway.

So throw the book at them. If they can demonstrate to the court that they had no very bad intentions, that will be reflected in their punishment.

lol.

Also, I don't blame her at all for not locking the door. But, I'm surprised. I'd expect a celebrity's family would have a lot more protection -- door locks, security system, maybe some big dogs in the yard.