1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our "Big 3" vs the Mavs' "Big 3"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Aug 11, 2014.

1. mesta

mesta Member

Harden and hoawrd were better. Unfortunately they don't play within the offense. Harden sometimes loves to chuck bad shots and look for fouls, howard wants to prove he is a post player.
    If those two can have more focus and discipline, this coming season, rockets would be better.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Tyson Chandler is their #2

3. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

should directly rank "big five" to check the starting line up

4. New

Withuouy Asik, we wouldn't even go to game 5, period.

5. New

We are using Howard in the wrong way, that's why.

6. bmd

bmd Member

That was an anomaly. The only reason he was playing is because the regular PF's were playing awful.

7. Remii

Remii Member

Why do you have "Ours vs Mavs" in your title....???

The site you posted has the Rockets #5 and Mavs #11... So what's to discuss. Are the Mavs the team we have to go through in the west...???

8. baubo

baubo Member

I hate it when fans just dismiss something in this manner. It reeks of just being ignorant for the sake of being ignorant. Is Durant better than LeBron as a player? Debatable. I would still say probably not. But did he have a better last season than LeBron? I'd say HELL YES.

Durant carried that OKC team to 58 wins last year with a hobbling Westbrook and absolutely no bench. He played more minutes than anyone else in the NBA. His MVP award was very much justified. If Durant had missed the entire year last year for OKC, 58 - 27 = 31 wins. Would anyone have been surprised if they only won 31 games? That's Pelicans territory in the west. And Pelicans had Anthony Davis.

I don't know anything about nERD scores or how it's calculated. But Kevin Durant last year most certainly was worth (A) more than LeBron James who coasted in a weak east and (B) worth at least 20 extra wins (even if not 27) to any team.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Rockets are willing to give Rubio a max contract? :confused:

10. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

We were just 6 games away from missing the playoffs entirely.

And it's not just losing Lin and Asik. We also lost Parsons. When both Lin and Parsons weren't playing, we didn't look very good at all.

I would be MUCH more confident if we had a different coach, as I feel our current roster has enough talent to do much more. But if we're going to be playing the same way as last year, then I'm not going to be very optimistic.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

makes me want to puke - dallas the fake 3

12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

27 games over .500 would equate to a record of 54.5 wins and 27.5 losses, not 68 wins. A team can't go 68-41.

13. bmd

bmd Member

Good point. I messed up.

14. Moleb

Moleb Member

Lol @ your attempt to reason with members of CF. But you do tell the truth, the team is very good still.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Slightly surprised the Spurs are as low as they are.

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Nice find. I lol'd at the Nuggets. Affalo as their number one option? Good luck.

17. baubo

baubo Member

Spurs would probably do much better in the "Big 10" rankings.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Man...I'm praying Ariza doesn't bust again.

19. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Pray [​IMG]

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

6 games is a lot more than it sounds. We were 6 games from the 2nd best record in the league.

I contend that people are overestimating the loss of Lin, Asik and Parsons compared to who we have to replace them. Unproven doesn't equate to unable to produce.

I recognize the possibility that we could take a step back with how we are currently constructed, but I don't rule out the real possibility that the replacements we have with some growth all around can make up for who we lost.

As far as coaching goes it's not something I really feel strongly about. I realize what certain coaches can mean to a teams success, but don't believe that many exist and even fewer, if any, are available.