1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First (tentative) Depth Chart Released

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by houstonstime, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yes... you'll be surprised how good Matt Schaub was in retrospect. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a terrible NFL QB; always has been, always will be. Our only hope is that he won't derail games with sacks, consistent third-down failures and/or turnovers...

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I sure hope you're not referring to the 2013 version of Schaub.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I'll be shocked if Fitzpatrick is appreciably better.

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Oh Fitz definitely sucks, but wasn't he actually good at 3rd downs? Lol.

5. Remii

Remii Member

6. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Btw, Fitz had one of the highest ratings in the NFL in the red zone.

Ive said this plenty of times before and most of you haters will see...Fitz is much better than many give him credit for. Is he a stud, hell no...but he's an average NFL QB. If we had average NFL QB play last season, we would have been fighting for a playoff spot.

People always point to Fitz and his turnover numbers. Let's not forget that he never had talent around him at the WR spot like he does now...and lets also not forget that Fitz had to play the majority of his games in Buffalo, NE, NYJ, etc... It's not easy to play well when you're fighting the cold, snow, and wind.

He'll have a good season in Houston. Not great, but good enough for the Texans to push for a playoff spot, if the defense is as good as advertised.

8. Remii

Remii Member

So fans defend Fitzcraptrick and call other people haters because they have no faith in him because he's sucked pretty much all of his career _ but yet they dog the 5h1t out of AJ.... Lmao.

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I knew I heard right! I heard on sports radio about how Fitz had good 3rd down and red zone numbers. Not saying he's good or anything, just thought it was interesting. Thanks for finding that!

10. rezdawg

People who think Fitz is pure crap dont watch enough football...or dont understand enough. The guy has thrown 85 TDs to 66 INTs over the last 4 years, having to deal with crap receivers and crap weather conditions. Anyone who thinks that's terrible needs to move on and watch another sport. He's a middle of the pack QB.

The reason for dogging AJ is simple. He's back now, so things are good, but had he still been holding out, the backlash would be understandable.

11. Remii

Remii Member

Tennessee has a good receiving core and a darn good TE and they had a winning record before Fitzpatrick took over. The dude thinks he's Brett Favre and he's always been an accident waiting to happen. Everyone who's "actually watched" Fitzpatrick play knows this. So you can't accuse other Texans fans of being haters just because they're not jumping on his bandwagon with you...

For some of us he has to prove it and with his track record there's nothing wrong with that.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Unfortunately no, they have him as Clowneys backup. I thought he would play strong side OLB and Reed play the will. I guess Jeff Tarpinian and Justin Tuggle have really impressed the coaching staff.

13. rezdawg

Im not jumping on his bandwagon...Im saying he's not a terrible NFL QB. He's average.

Again, there is nothing "terrible" about 85 TDs to 66 INTs, carrying a 100+ QB rating on 3rd downs and a 100+ QB rating in the red zone.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I am in total agreement with you rezdawg. Fitz never had this many weapons to work with in Buffalo or Tennessee. He most definitely never had a stout defense in his career.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'd say around lower 3rd. Starting caliber (considering there have to be 32 starters) but not a guy anybody's going to have any illusions of building around.

#35 Cannonball, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Come on Remii do honestly believe the Titans was going to beat the Seahawks and 49ers with Locker?

A lot of experts didn't even have that WR core in the top 15.

I don't think he has a bandwagon fan base around here, some just believe in the right system he might thrive. Time will tell.

Jared Cook was a beast indeed.

Craig Stevens was ranked 46th

17. Remii

Remii Member

People who actually work in the NFL voted him one of the 5 worst starters in the league, and last year NOOOOOObody wanted to give him a starting job. So they're the ones that disagree with you (not just me). So if you think you know more than them _ fine. But that doesn't give you the right to call other fans haters because they don't feel the same way as you do about Fitzpatrick.

Homie, if you think the Titans had a crap WR core and a crap RB last year I'm not going to argue with you. And Cook plays for the Rams. I'm talking about Walker.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Big Homie you are right, my bad Cook played for the Titans in 2012 . You didn't mention the RB's, you said they had a darn good TE core. Walker was decent last season for them and Fitz hit him a lot.

Now why are you talking arguing. I am not arguing with you are anybody else. Just saying Fitz might have a good season. Plus the Titans wasn't all that you make them out to be and that's all Remii.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Fitz will be better than the garbage we saw last season.

A lot of negativity in this thread. Trying to kill my vibe. Our D is gonna wreck.

20. rezdawg

You mean the same kind of people that had Schaub as a top 10 qb?

This will be very easy to look back on. You say Fitz will be a bottom 5 qb. I say he'll be average, at around a qb rating of 83-85.