1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So is there a clash of civilizations or is it a made up thing?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Nivos, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Nivos

Nivos Member

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't know about clash of civilizations, but there some backwards ideologies and cultures that want to take us back to the 15th century.

It strikes me as odd that the "progressive" parties defend them most.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Indeed - these people are so misguided and it is so obvious that it just boggles the mind.

They will fight tooth and nail for GLBT rights and women's rights and what not, and then they turn a blind eye to the fact that Islam, as it is lived by most Muslims, represents the opposite of what they fought for. The leftists turn a blind eye to what ISIS is doing and would rather demonize Israel, which is defending itself. It is quite curious.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Progessive parties don't defend them at all that I've seen. Sometimes they defend a nations right to choose even if their choice is something horrible, backwards, and oppressive.

The only people who in anyway supported ISIS in the U.S. were folks like John McCain who was wanted to arm them in their fight against Assad in Syria. McCain can hardly be considered a progressive.

6. Mr. Clutch

America pays me with Freedom.

I heard somewhere it costs $1.05.

7. Mr. Clutch

Why?

Seems more productive to criticize their choice rather than criticize the people who are criticizing their choice.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure which progressives your talking about and which groups they are supposed to be supporting. But I believe that once the choice is made by the people progressives don't then support that govt. and defend that kind of treatment of homosexuals and women do they?

The only things I can think of is when fundamentalists are replacing a dictatorship, they may be considered the lesser of two evils perhaps simply because they were chosen by the people. Or that they hope the people will learn from their mistake and get rid of the fundamentalists.

9. Nivos

Nivos Member

You think I get payed here to say things against my own government when I think they are wrong?

I think there is a connection between the fight of Israel to the clash of civilization but I think it wouldn't support your agenda to make that connection.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There definitely is. Israel is a bastion of freedom against Islamist, backwards-oriented hate. Hamas would do what ISIS does, if they could.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't even know what this means. Regroup, check your talking points, confer with your handler, and come back. Thanks.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It is rather obvious that you do not know much about many things.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This "good vs evil" thing isn't going to get us any where. I'm more worried about domestic issues. The United Stairs is falling behind in science education partly thanks to the Evangelical Christian right. They are a larger threat to my nation's future than some nut cases cases with zero conventional military capabilities on the other side of the planet.

#13 fchowd0311, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  14. Mr. Clutch

Good vs evil doesn't get us anywhere.

Christians are evil.

15. fchowd0311

Putting words in my mouth I see. These evangelical Christians I am referring to have good intentions. They are far from evil.

16. Mr. Clutch

Well I'm not saying these people are evil, they just belong in the 15th century.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Well we all belong in the 21st century. Can we all please progress toward the 22nd ?

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

this is a poor job of reporting. It only spoke with extremists and didn't weigh the moderate Muslim opinion at all! This is totally not fair to them and their community. These extremists are probably not taken seriously by their community. You saw what dicks they were to the others.

19. Nivos

Nivos Member

My handler? Man I knew clutch fans are big but didn't think the Israeli government will pay people to comment here.
    Am I getting paid from Les Alexander for defending Harden after all the attacks on his game lately?

All I want is for people to understand that the radical Islam is not just a vague threat somewhere far far away in the middle east and Africa, and if you'll ignore the issue it will come closer to your home. That's it.
    I hope people will wake up sooner than later

20. fchowd0311

Actually you are wrong. The threat of radical Islam is not a large of a threat to at least my country, the United States, as you believe. Us waging trillion dollar wars against once in a decade terror attacks is exactly what these people want. In fact terror organization such as al Qaeda have you dupped into thinking that their goal is pure destruction of the western civilization. These people very well know that their capabilities pale in comparison to western militaries but cripple ourselves economically. Their goal is not to destroy us through physical attacks. Instead they feed into our paranoia making us spend trillions and restrict our own civil liberties.

1 person likes this.