1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Violates 3 Day Ceasefire Within 2 Hours

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AMS, Aug 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Nivos

Nivos Member

I agree, our leaders have caused us damage through out the years by not doing everything in their hands to go to peace.
    I myself when I was as a soldier refused to go to the west bank- I will defend my country when being attacked but I will not take control on civilian population when there is no direct threat, and this is a very grey area because how do you know if the threat is weak because of military force preventing terror from growing (out of the terror dismantle operation took place in 2002) or it is a viable non threatening situation.
    It is just the difficult moral decision every person have to make in this crazy neighborhood.
    You guys look at the IDF soldiers like animals but I can honestly tell you that soldiers are doing everything they can in order not to hit civilians, risking their own lives by doing so, this is something I can't say about Hamas terrorist and this is the difference between a terrorist group and an army.
    The situation is an bearable, for the Palastinians and Israelies but as long as Palastinians will choose war this is what they'll get (by taking out Abbas from Gazza this is what they have done).
    On the other hand-when there is no missiles fired upon Israel, and no call for the elimination of the "Small Satan" (After the big Satan which is America)- Israel leaders has to do everything in their power to give the Palestinians the self determination right which is a country of their own, with direct borders by the 67 lines.
    Its on both sides hands, and I wish after this bloodshed more people will realize it, in Israel, and in Gazza.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

"If reversed, Hamas would kill every single person in Israel. Because they can't doesn't make them good, it makes them weak." -Bill Maher

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Horrible for Hamas to do that.

If Israel was actually concerned about the deaths of Palestinian civilians they could send in a team of soldiers in person to go in and locate the Rockets and destroy them rather than just blow up the entire neighborhood.

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The Palestinians have tried non-violent resistance over and over.

Open your eyes.

They and hopefully more and more on this board are increasingly supporting the BDS Movement to put pressure on Israel to follow UN Resolutions, and grant human and civil rights to the Palestinians.

In the West Bank the Palestinians just had a march since the invasion started and, as is frequently the case, the Israelis opened up with live ammunition and killed two. A number of practitioners of non-violence has been exiled.

In the open air prison of Gaza how would they try non-violence? I suppose they could continually try to scale the fences without weapons and be shot down over and over.

Maybe choose a thousand folks to lie down in the sun and stop eating till they starved? Like Guantanamo I wouldn't be surprised if you had an Israeli invasion to capture them and start forced feeding.

5. glynch

Good try to quote Bill Mahrer who you otherwise despise no doubt. I don't think Bill Maher is that that stupid but if this quote is correct and the whole story I would add that he may be "politically incorrect", but he knows what he needs to do to stay on the air.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<script height="362px" width="640px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=Bjb3Vlbzr-FWvnYXK3IXppVKW-ApcPRn&pbid=b171980b65ae4996bffea4da902c7846"></script>

Maher is a big supporter of Israel fighting the savages. Here is a great interview he did with Bebe several years ago.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PvXfnulloZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You're angry because that quote is factually correct.

8. glynch

OMG how terrible of me. Yes, I am pissed that Bill Maher whose program I like has that stupid line. So do other folks I know. I still would not be surprised if Bill says this to keep his show online.

Got news for you guys . Many American politicians and news and other media personalities say this type of think to avoid trouble and remain on the air or in office.

9. Nivos

Nivos Member

Again, I blame the Israeli leaders as well, its not one sided.
    Gazza is taken by Hammas which declares war on Israel never have they tried non-violent way, so how can Israel get a solution for the Palestine people talking to Abbas when he can't control half of his country (assuming the Palestinian country will include Gazza or you suggesting a 3 state solution?), this is the biggest issue we're facing.
    Israel have been offering to go to the 67 border few times- each time resulted by bombs and guns fired at them.
    Still the peruse for peace should be relentless and I will stand by it each and every time.
    War will result in death and suffering, this is a universal truth, and as long as Hamas will be in power and demand war- war is what they will get

10. Mr. Clutch

Why they say it is irrelevant.

It is factually correct.

Quit struggling with it.

11. lol123

lol123 Member

Curious to know, how many of you guys here who are defending Hamas are non-Palestinian Muslims?

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Ad hominem...

13. glynch

14. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Remove the stupid part and your post is still devoid of any substance.

15. glynch

Just take your word for it. ;)

16. glynch

Much of the world sees Hamas as being on at least equal moral footing as the folks who run Israel. You know the folks who have the support of 86% of Israelis for 1) planning an invasion 2) using the murder of three hitchhikers as a pretext to start the present slaughter. 3) rounding up hundreds of Hamas members and activists in the West Bank and continued provocation and bombings beyond the normal level of Israeli rockets and bombs until Hamas finally broke the cease fire and then use that as the final excuse (for the gullible) for the ground invasion,

At least this time with social media the Israelis pr narrative is not remaining so unchallenged.

17. Mr. Clutch

Right. In the past Israel always went unchallenged.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

treeman is the gomer pyle of the site. aww shucks

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It actually wasn't ad hominem, at least when talking about the ad homenem fallacy, it was rude but since it specifically addressed the argument it wasn't a logically fallacious statement. Ad hominem is a personal attack INSTEAD of a logically sound argument.

20. Nivos

Nivos Member