1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Violates 3 Day Ceasefire Within 2 Hours

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AMS, Aug 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Maybe you should read something other than Israel Ha-Yom. It's not 1983 any more. Abbas has made these statements for years, achi. The PA makes no claim of these areas and is only asking for a state based on negotiations that start with the 67 borders.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Agreed. But Hamas has the responsibility of spreading the word to their people regardless of how difficult their logistics may be.

Or do you think Israel should say "Oh, that suicide group probably didn't get the memo. We'll just ignore our soldiers being attacked and kidnapped. Let's just wait for it to happen again before we do anything."?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, they clearly are stupid or they wouldn't keep poking the bear that bites them. If they weren't stupid, they'd have had a solid peace treaty years ago and would be well on their way to making a valid state for the Palestinian people through peace.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Not really. The French Resistance had a great communication network considering the time and occupation they faced. It is more about the group and their leaders.

5. Nivos

Nivos Member

unfortunately Abas is not a strong palestinian leader, hence leaving Gazza to fall under a terror organisation, and unfortunately the Israeli leaders are not strong enough to do everything in their hand for peace.

Meanwhile the war against hamas should be relentless as well as the relentless chase for peace.

I just hope that there will be strong leaders in the world that can go for any change, until then I will relentlessly support my family right to defend itself.

And don't let yourself being fooled- Israel is defending its citizens, that is the only thing that matters. when the attack will stop, then peace can be talked about

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I wouldn't classify this as a ceasefire, as only one side is doing any real damage. It should be called:

1) I'll kill you and your mother and children later OR

2) I just bombed a school for fun let me stop for a second and wait for another excuse to start this slaughter again OR

3) Extermination in the near future.

2 people like this.
  7. lol123

lol123 Member

Hamas needs to be destroyed, for the sake of humanity!

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I couldn't disagree more with the strategy you propose. It has been tried before, and it fails every time. It also begets more desire for retribution amongst the Palestinians. The strategy you are talking about has been tried time and time again, and Israel does not live in peace as a result. It's time to try something different.

You should know that Palestinians are fighting against being oppressed, discriminated against, and having their land stolen, and being denied a chance to support themselves and build sustainable life.

Yes Israel is defending itself, and they have that right. They are just using the same tired tactics they've use before and have never work. You keep advocating that.

Israel has lost civilians in this conflict. They've lost 3 of them.

Palestinians have lost civilians in this conflict. They've lost more than 1,300 of them.

When those kinds of casualties happen to Palestinians they want someone to defend them, and take action. Attacking Israel looks like someone is acting in their interest. It's why Hamas has power. They weren't popular before, but the more this stuff happens the more support Hamas gains.

If you want to stop Hamas power you need to erode at their support. You do that by stopping the stealing and destroying of Palestinians homes, stop the discrimination and oppression they are facing etc.

Israel should at least try that. It's something new. If it doesn't work, they can always go back and continue their oppression and brutality.

The Palestinians need to try a different tactic as well. Do more strikes, civilian blockades. Palestinians will be killed by Israel when they do this just like if they fought back using bombs and missiles. But at least this way Israel can't claim self defense. It will expose them for being violent and brutal oppressors.

As regard to the ceasefires. You can't let the extreme terrorist groups of the Palestinians knock it off the track. Don't let the terrorists have that much control.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You have to take everything with a grain of salt these days short of corroborating evidence. Our own government has taught us this. And, as f-ed up as this world is, you can't even believe the evidence, either, half of the time. Isn't that right...Colin Powell (goat)?

1 person likes this.
  10. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

Some ignorant would point out that twitter is't a reliable source etc

12. trustme

trustme Member

Lol is this the same piece that was deleted? Why was it deleted if he is defending what he said?

Times of Israel needs to can him unless they support his views.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess you're addressing Palestinian sympathizers. Only reason why Israelis agreed to a ceasefire was because world opinion was getting virulently nasty to their slaughter.

Otherwise the Israelis would've happily kept mowing their neighbors lawn of weeds.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In this case probably. My comment was probably a little misdirected. What I said should apply to the peace process in a much larger scope. The only thing is that there isn't really a peace process going on of which to speak right now.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Who cares why they agreed to a ceasefire? Are you freaking serious?

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Better use what's left of those tunnels that they've built for so many years.

17. treeman

treeman Member

Eh, never should have been a ceasefire anyway. Israel needs to finish Hamas off this time. At the very least, keep going until every one of those tunnels is irreparably destroyed. It's a freaking terrorist organization that purposefully murders civilians and has in its charter a stated desire to eliminate the state of Israel, how can anyone ever expect the Israelis to seriously negotiate with them? There's nothing to discuss, it only ends when one side wins and the other side is utterly defeated.

Any "ceasefire" with Hamas is just a hudna anyway - not a move towards peace. It is an islamic device used for muslims to gain space to replenish arms, manpower, etc for the next round of fighting - nothing more. Israel knows this, and they should simply stop playing that game. Break Hamas and leave Gaza with no choice but to return to the PA for leadership. Not that they're all that much better, but they are marginally better.

And BTW, the Hamas apologists in this thread are sickening. The fact that some people here are treating them as a legitimate organization is, well, just mindboggling. Seriously. Most of those posters are already red lines to me, but I definitely added a few more...

18. Exiled

Exiled Member

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Black and white... Everything has to be black and white to you right wingers.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fog of war..