1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Guardians of the Galaxy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 2, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Hey, you're discrediting Seclusion!!!! Ja Rule knows nothing of Marvel universe, fukk Ja Rule!

2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I have read all of Guardians of the Galaxy #0.1-16 this week.

It is probably my favorite comic series in the past 15 years. There is so much happening in the Marvel Universe that GOTG is the glue that will make it all come together.

In related news this came out today at COMICON:

‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Animated Series Coming to Disney XD; Watch Full Comic-Con Panel

http://www.slashfilm.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-animated/
    [​IMG]

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1KHDFcJTpfY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Anything above a 70 on Metacritic is usually great. Unfortunately, people just see the abstract number and that turns them off.

GotG has 12 positive, 1 mixed. And somehow, that's a 77 lol.

And it finally got its first negative review on RT. What a shame.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree. I trust it a lot more than RT though.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I prefer RT... movie critics' number ratings are incredibly subjective. The pass or fail ratings of RT give a better picture of whether something is worth watching or not imo.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Ja and I will make sure to post our findings asap. :)

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think the majority of people are going to see anything Marvel comes out with, regardless if the movie bombs.

Has there ever been a huge discrepancy between MC and RT though, for a specific movie?

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I can honestly say . . . I am one of these people
    Marvel has earned the right

The Movies in this branch have all been entertaining
    [Even Iron Man 2 & 3 - not GREAT but entertaining]

Rocket River

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Wish I could catch it opening day. I'm working all weekend and like to catch the early bird matinees. Usually less kids.

Hope to see some of ya'll impressions of the movie here. If this does well hoping for Marvel to make a Black Panther movie announcement some time soon. I can already see it now as a teaser clip at the end of Avengers 2 next year :grin:

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Very cool; I like the art style.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

I wonder if they might do away with some characters, if new members were to show up.

Granted, if there's anyone who can work in any situation, it's probably Whedon, but AoU + GotG + Ant-Man + any future heroes might be stretching it a little bit. Oversaturation of characters is tough to deal with.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I expect to give the villains more credibility, heroes will have to fall.

13. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

movie was everything you can ask for

stands out from other comic book movies

funnier than expected

Drax definitely steals the spotlight in a Hulk/Avengers like performance but Rocket is a very close 2nd

one of the VERY few movies I'd highly recommend to shell out for 3D, hell I watched from the 2nd row of the theater in an advance screening and still enjoyed it

didn't bother waiting for the after credits since Gunn said on the record it will not be shown till opening night

fwiw, I didn't have any expectations when they first announced it, interest grew in the past year leading up to the trailers

14. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I will probably want to watch this in a more intimate setting, like alamo or something like that.

The question is, should I watch it in 3d or not?

15. Progs

Progs Member

For those wanting to know what the post credit scene is
    Rumors are it's an appearance by Howard the Duck.

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I recommend it

It has as much 3D effects as The Amazing Spiderman 2 did, and I regret not seeing that in 3D

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Was a row behind Dave; the movie was epic. I'd say while it was arguably the funniest Marvel movie, it also had the most adult humor as well. I had concerns about Batista as Drax, but he had some of the best lines in the movie and he played his part quite well. I also had concerns about Saldana as Gamora, but she like everyone else delivers. Big payoff seeing Thanos finally. The movie is endlessly quotable. My favorite Guardian is still Rocket, also I am Groot.

I haven't gone to see a movie in theatres twice since I was a kid, but I'll absolutely be going back opening night to see the end credit scene. It was great, and if you put a gun to my head I might have to say it's the best Marvel movie other than Avengers. Keep in mind I felt Winter Soldier had that title (the first Iron Man being right up there as well) until a few hours ago. Definitely had a bit of a Fifth Element vibe, I could see a lot of people really liking this one.

The 3d was good but being so close I lost a lot of the effect.

18. VanityHalfBlack

I heard the hand to hand fights scenes were hot garbage but everything else is a lot of fun.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They're not as good as Winter Soldier. There's a lot of quick cuts, but it isn't bad by any means. I thought they would be based off the commercials, but they aren't.

20. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah, some awesome fight scenes in winter soldier. Still going to see it opening day, I just love the look of the film. If the characters all shine in their role, I'm a happy camper.