1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So much hate the Rockets discussions as of late

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by backwardhead, Jul 25, 2014.

1. okeezie

okeezie Member

So don't watch. Don't spend any money on the team. Don't go to games or watch on TV. Show them you mean business by not supporting them. That will teach them a lesson for putting an inferior product on the floor. You know, a product that doesn't go 82-0 and win the championship every year. How dare they make you suffer the indignity of not winning? We should run them out of Houston for these atrocities.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

okeezie, you are my kinda dude. LOL.

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Oh. I didn't realize this thread was conveying a similar idea to the one I posted. The title was somewhat poorly worded. Sorry about having to merge mods.

4. Rocket90

Rocket90 Member

Fan/Fairweather Fan/Bandwagon Fan

I'm new to this site yet a real Rockets fan since the 90's. Here is a breakdown of what we call "fans" hating in these post.

Fan: A person who supports the team through thick & thin, criticizes the team through appreciation, NOT due to a material reason.

Fairweather Fan: Someone who supports the team, though does not carry the same passion as a real fan. Often goes to games, yet is quick to debate with a real fan about issues with the team they really have no knowledge of.

Bandwagon Fan: And here it is...this is most likely the very person you encounter in forums. They spew hate towards players, they boo players at games, in their drunkard stupor they simply show no support for the team as a whole, let alone the players they boo.

The bandwagon fan got Lin and Asik traded, Asik did not want to play alongside Howard?...are you kidding me? Howard is not a center, so you can't say Asik was mad he took his position. It was the fans complaining about Asik's inability to handle passes. The guy had only 0.5 touches a game on offense. And that stupid stat about Howard & Asik together being worse defensively was only through a small stretch during the season. They fail to mention how the Rockets beat OKC, San Antonio and Portland with them together. Lin was content with the backup role PG, and people were still complaining. These are not fans, they are primarily bandwagon fans who sit and cry about things they have no understanding of. Think of those so-called Lakers fans....that says it all.:eek:

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Eh, you forgot about me?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lmao what kinda dudes you like?

7. Rajjettheking

Rajjettheking Member

Well, at least Morey and Milk Hair. A better coach could do wonders for H&H, and a better GM can surround them with a great team, not just pieces.

8. Rajjettheking

Rajjettheking Member

Guys like Okeezie who sleep with a Clutch teddy and cries when you criticize his favorite players.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL. My memory's still pretty good. :p

Ones who ride or die for this squad are my favorite.

10. okeezie

okeezie Member

You still talking? It's funny how everybody that comes here and takes a balanced approach gets stupid comments like this. This is unoriginal and not funny. Nobody is laughing. Stop embarrassing yourself.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

hey there... a/s/l?

12. albuster

albuster Member

Very well stated Solid! Great that you mentioned the often forgotten basic underpinning of this whole Rockets/NBA thing. It is part of the entertainment business. It is all there is to it. Simplistic? You bet, it is foolish to complicate what is intrinsically simple. Oh, and by the way, whining and expressing frustration at the team or praising it to high heavens is part of the dialectic of fanhood. If there are no pros and cons expressed by fans what good is the NBA as an entertainment business.

CF members should embrace the different points of view expressed in this board. If there is unanimity of viewpoints then this might as well be a Rockets owned blogsite where Mr. Alexander can declare that the posters can only post positive comments regardless of whatever the team does. Since Clutch has not declared this to be a blogsite owned by the Rockets then there should be room for contrary views which would enliven this site in the first place.
    One aspect though that is really disgusting is that some posters call other posters names just because they do not agree to what the others are posting. It is amazing how some posters here judge others when they have no idea whatsoever about the person whom they are calling names. Name calling does not have a place in a blog that is supposed to be entertaining and a place where everyone is a guest and allowed to post their thoughts on things pertaining to the Rockets. Otherwise, I wonder why there would be no room for pessimism or optimism in a blog dedicated to an entertainment business.

1 person likes this.
  13. Penetrate&Creat

This place is nothing BUT negative

14. houtown

houtown Member

It depends on what u call hate. If u call disagreeing with some of the Rockets decisions hate, then there is a problem since its just opinion. Otherwise there is hate everywhere, often misguided.

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Later, Raj.

16. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

^^BUMP^^

1 person likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You'll be missed, dobro. You're one of the members whose posts I always read when I spot them. Don't always agree with you (although I do, more often than not), but I enjoy your takes very much, and look forward to your return. Have a great August! (if that's possible with the heat and humidity - Austin's been like a steam bath this summer, quite a change from the usual) And thanks for the compliment. I really don't belong in their company! :)-

18. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dobro is a great member of this board and I do agree with him about what's been going on with the GARM. Carl is really out of control if you ask me and it's getting to a point where it's hard to be engaged with the board.

I do appreciate guys like Deckard, Bima, Clutch, Donny and others but it's getting rough out here.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'll miss him too (even though he forgot to list me as a premier poster... must've just misspelled Haymitch as "Deckard" but it's cool). dobro is usually a must read and he's right about the state of the things.

We thought it'd get better when the LOFs left, but several haters (and one megatroll who would no doubt be banned by now were he a new member) have stepped in to fill the void. Not all who are down on the Rockets' offseason are a drain here, but the 4-5 who are a drain make sure they're very active and very loud.

I too think we're - right now - worse than we were to end last season, and I too think Harden and Howard have areas where they need to improve if we're going to win a title, but people are way too hard on the Rockets in some cases.

Thank you OP for this thread. I've been thinking the same thing for a while. I know the internet is a place where people go to complain and/or be offended, but this offseason has been too much.

20. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Now that Lin is gone this site is turning on each other!!! We need a new scapegoat...thoughts?