1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to wait for the price to drop. I played it om PS3 and thought it was amazing. However, now that I know the story, I won't pay $50 for better graphics.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I haven't played it yet since I was a xbox kiddy. I'm very excited to play it soon.

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I have a $20 Psn card to redeem so I might go ahead and double dip and get it digitally. I think I'm ready to take that emotional rollercoaster again.

4. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Did you beat the downloaded extra content? Is it worth the purchase?

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The Left Behind DLC? It was definitely worth it to me. If you really liked the story you'll like it. A bit of a tear jerker, I mean I'm not saying I cried ;), there is just the possibility of tears.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Honest question.

I don't plan on buying the PS4 immediately but maybe in 1-2 years. How long until a new console is produced so that I'm not stuck with the PS4 when a new console is out?

Will the PS4 still be relevant in 5 years?

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Well the PS2 came out in 2000 and PS3 came out in 2007. So the life span for the PS4 should last well into 2020.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

According to Sony they like their systems to have a 10 year life cycle. In 5 years it would still be relevant but I'm sure they would already be in the stage of developing their next console and have it released in a few years. If I'm guessing I'd say don't expect a new console from Sony for about 6-7 years(again...guessing). I say if you get it by next year you'll be pretty happy. A lot of big titles are coming out in 2015, and a lot of the major patches and updates will have been released by that time. I'm still wondering if they will ever let us put mp3s and our own videos on the PS4 though.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

They have some nice little sales going on this week on PSN store:

A superhero sale and another PLAY NOW sale to preorder upcoming indie titles.

Personally the thing that caught my interest was Injustice for a little over $8. Always wanted to try it but didn't want to pay a lot so it must be meant to be

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I have Injustice. It's a steal at that price. If you like Mortal Kombat, you will love it.

11. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Well, just in case anyone was looking for the next jaw-dropping No Man's Sky statistic, here it is:

Sean Murray, one of the creators of the computer game No Man’s Sky, can’t guarantee that the virtual universe he is building is infinite, but he’s certain that, if it isn’t, nobody will ever find out. “If you were to visit one virtual planet every second,” he says, “then our own sun will have died before you’d have seen them all.”

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/529136/no-mans-sky-a-vast-game-crafted-by-algorithms/

For the curious, that would mean that No Man's Sky has more than 150 quadrillion (1,500,000,000,000,000,000) planets.

:eek:

I am so pumped about the idea of a basically infinite universe to explore that I honestly don't care much about what the gameplay is like. That's an unusual thing for me to say, because usually gameplay is everything to me... I've never much cared about graphics or story. But this game really seems like it's going to be something we've never seen before, something that a lot of people have wanted for a long time. I can't remember the last time I've been this giddy about an upcoming game.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'll believe it when they actually release a game. See: Spore.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I got it and I'm digging it. The story mode is good just like MK9's was. I'm hoping they keep the story mode for MKX

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Glad you like it. I've been studying VFX (particle animations) for games, and the guy who does my lessons did all of the effects animations for Flash among other stuff.

12 more hours until the Last of Us is out. Can't wait.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Hope you like it man. Loved that game. Wish I could play it for the first time again

16. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I saw a little bit of the PS3/PS4 Last of Us comparison and the graphics don't look that much better. Everythings a little sharper and better lighting, that's about it. I'll still pick it up tomorrow at Target if they still have the $10 off $40 order online for in store pick up deal. That would make the game $39.

Edit: Yes, I did watch the youtube video, ha. You're right, the video is compressed and I guess it's not a fair or actual representation of the differences.

#1336 chow_yun_fat, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm guessing you saw videos on YouTube; I feel they never do the final product justice. There's way too much compression involved. There should be a very discernable difference due to the jump in screen resolution (720p to 1080p), draw distance, and texture quality, not to mention particle effects (should be a leap from PS3). Either way, I've never played it so it will all look amazing to me.

Edit: I neglected to mention 60fps is quite useful for multiplayer. It aids in aiming on single player as well.

#1337 seclusion, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  18. bigben69

bigben69 Member

TLOU is one of the best games I have ever played. If you have a PS4 or PS3, get it and play it. The DLC story content is pretty good but the first playthrough of the campaign is one of my favorite video game experiences in years. One of the few games that I have finished in a while.

FYI - In the beginning, in the car, be sure to look around. I had some friends play the opening and they didn't and it loses some of the intensity. I dont want to say any more than that though.

19. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I pre-ordered it through PSN. Will I just go to the PS Store and download it through there when I get home? Never bought a non-disc game before.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I rented and beat TLOU on PS3 in a couple of days. Never tried MP. Then went ahead and watched the DLC on YouTube. I don't have an interest in replaying it at all though.