1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas: James Harden wouldn't tolerate being the third highest paid player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 26, 2014.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

It's called the pecking order. Like it or not, salary reflects how the team/organization values you. There is a hierarchy that is established by the salary scale. And the younger and role players understand the system.

Parsons getting the 3rd max (prematurely, without attaining that level of respect and recognition yet) would have messed with that

Harden and Howard are the leaders of this team, and everyone else needs to get behind them.

2. jackycool

jackycool Member

And the Rockets soap opera offseason continues!

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I would do, if I were Harden.

I think DMo is actually siding with Harden here.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As someone who is completely fluent in Lithuanian, the correct translation for what he said was "Do you even lift bro?"

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I went ahead and fully translated the article using my extensive knowledge of the Lithuanian language and this was the back and forth between DMo and the guy doing the interview, Google Translate made a few errors.

As you can see, it got a bit heated.

2 people like this.
  6. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I'm sure there would've been some animosity if Parsons got paid that much.

It's just how things work, I mean Cassell was a dick to Tim Thomas up in Milwaukee a decade or so back. Players do this pecking order BS.

Our players have heads, even ex-player in Parsons, got too big. We haven't done **** though.

7. Nieto

Nieto Member

One would assume that Parsons getting this much money not only draws the attention of the Rockets. I would like believe that the other SF's around the league are gonna do their best to show him up.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

If i was DMo i would make up stuff to fire McHale and trade TJ and D12 :p

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Or just a night at the club.

10. Solaris

Solaris Member

Mchale is offended his players are not chopping logs during the off season.

11. NotChandlerParsons

Nicely done. Good to see some fellow Lithuanian speakers on here who know what they're doing.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Human nature to compare salaries, but oft a mistake, because everyone has their time. Not unusual for someone to earn more with less talent. It's timing. Players have to let it go and chalk it up to I'm happy for you. I mean at one time Jordan earned $630k, then 33 million, then back to 1M. Each player has to look at it as the more money he makes, the more I can make later, go get it.

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

cherry picking content and spinning it to meet narrative you've devised in your twisted mind. i truly feel bad for those in your life CH. If they have to deal with this behavior in all dealings with you it must be a miserable life.

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

It's good thing we didn't get Bosh then #silverlining

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

I am Donuts...

[​IMG]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Here's one for the pedantry fans - Parsons and Melo didn't receive the max. Melo received 96.07% of it, while Parsons received 99.69% of it,</p>&mdash; Mark Deeks (@MarkDeeksNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/statuses/493197091922255873">July 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Could well be. CP $14.7m, Harden $14.73m, max $14.75m RT <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug">@BimaThug</a> Parsons reduction mightve been about not making slightly more than Harden</p>&mdash; Mark Deeks (@MarkDeeksNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/statuses/493198846647107585">July 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This. Our players are so ****ing cocky I wonder where they get it from. It's a cancerous attitude. You will never hear or heard a championship team throw each other in the bus like that. X player thinks he's the best.

17. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Am i the only one finding Dmo's suddenly perfect english extremely suspicious? I'm calling BS

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I call bs as well. Harden would have gladly been the fourth highest paid player on the team if it meant Bosh signing.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Your crush Kevin Love got mad when his team didn't give him the extra year on his deal.

Carl you need to be more creative.

1 person likes this.
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It is interesting the length to which Harden defenders when they perceive a possible attack on their guy. All I did was post comments made by Motiejunas translated by a Lithuanian journalist, along with a link to the full interview in Lithuanian. It's like I hid the source of the quotations so as to deny people any opportunity to read anything other that what Harden defenders perceive as anti-Harden.

If you think Motiejunas was misquoted or taken out of context, then go to the link, translate the text (or ask one of the Lithuanian posters here to do so) and tell us what Motiejunas actually said and what the context is.