1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Oh he showed how much he pride he had when he took that troll pic in the club. That was a slap in the face of the Rockets org and every Rockets fan.

2. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Freaking Morey is pissing me off. Things need to change. Before we end up not getting anyone to come here.

3. sabesque

sabesque Member

Meh. Asik pretty much keeps to himself. And as for Chandler, guess we can count out bringing back courtney lee.

4. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

It was his fault for signing so early and putting Morey in a tough position. I dont blame Morey at all, he didn't want to lose all flexibility for a first-round exit team. Paying him wasn't the problem, losing flexibility was. If Bosh signed, we would have definitely matched and went all in. You don't go all in on a team that cant even make it to second round. Parsons needs to understand this and stop b**ching.

5. jjc1

jjc1 Member

Oh poor Chandler. The Rockets gave him a chance to play and shine in the NBA and now he is making $15m a year not counting other perks and all the chicks he gets. I would like to be "used" by the rockets too.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The question is whether the players that Parsons and Asik talked to believe them and changed their opinion about the Rockets for the worse. If/when these guys become free agents, will Parsons and Asik's opinion about the Rockets weigh in their decision?

It doesn't matter whether Rockets fans side with the team or think Parsons is being "a b****" or whatever, Morey is not trying to sign people on Clutchfans to play for his team.

7. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Chandler's butthurt is ridiculous. They let him out of an underpaid contract as a favor / payback for helping get Dwight. Then, he signs a quick offer that puts a lot of pressure on the Rockets from a timing side. He should be thanking Morey, not dogging him.

1 person likes this.
  8. dude1394

dude1394 Member

Really? It is chandlers fault for signing a great contract. I agree about the b****ing tbh, but what exactly does chandler owe a guy who won't pay him his market value? Weird to me.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

dead silent as in they're not telling anyone anything?

As for Lin, he never seemed like someone who suffered from butthurtitis

10. dude1394

dude1394 Member

Jameer Nelson

11. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

No. Money first. Chance to win, second.

Teenage girl feelings = last place. You should know Carl!

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Yeah there were all types of teams lining up for Nelson derp. He took what he could get and was lucky to find something.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dallas used the last of their cap space to outbid everyone, which left me wondering why they would spend it on a 3rd point guard.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He wanted the Rockets to pay him the max. If they didn't make any offer,( I don't doubt cyberx's word), then I don't blame for leaving town.
    I think the initial news about the Parsons/ Rockets situation, was that they couldn't agree to a figure. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised that Morey was waiting for Bosh to come here first.

Parsons wasn't worth 3 yrs 46M, but all this reflects very poorly on the part of the Rockets organization. I am quite sure that this might be part of the reason why no one wants to come to Houston right now.

DM and Les have to make amends.

15. rocketman94

rocketman94 Member

They couldnt make any offers bc it would tie up the cap. I understand why they didnt make an offer but dont understand why Parsons allowed such a terrible contract if he wanted back so bad.

16. Classic

Classic Member

Morey let Chandler out of his $1mil deal a year earlier than he had to. Why is Chandler dissing the organization when they let him go and get that contract?

Parsons didn't have to sign it but he did.

17. dude1394

dude1394 Member

We'll if you are really interested there are a few reasons.

Harris, Felton are not great outside shooters. The Mavs expect Nelson to improve a lot with the open looks he gets.

They will never go through another season ( while actually trying to compete ) without veteran pgs on the team. Their experience with collison/mike James is about the closest I ever thought dirk was going to walk out. He cannot stand stupidity on the team.

Harris had surgery last year and they hope he is okay,Felton is Felton...they may wind up cutting him the first month of camp if he's as bad as he has been.

Also Harris expects to backup Ellis quite a bit, sort of the same type of players, good drive and kick guys, pnr guys but poor 3pt shooters.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Money first, sure. But the size of offers between teams are often similar-- and with "max guys" you can't even spend more if you want to. Also, an aspiring contending team is going to need to sign some good players at below their marker value-- Ray Allen with the Heat, for example. With the salary cap, you can't win by just outbidding other teams in free agency.

Chance to win, of course. But when you sign with a team that treats players like trade assets, do you actually think you get to be a part of the winning for the term of your contract or is there a good chance of you getting shipped to, say, Utah?

Also, does anyone other than a superstar free agent actually think that Houston has a good chance of winning the title with his addition when Morey himself said he doesn't bet on the team being a contender without some "third star"?

People read online reviews for everything now-- opinions of strangers, which may or may not be fair. To think NBA players don't factor in the opinion of a member of their relatively small community (less than 500 of them in the world) is unrealistic.

#4898 Carl Herrera, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  19. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Where did you hear Morey didn't want to pay him his market value? Cyberx just said we didn't make any offer to him at all. You know why? Because that would have tied up the cap and stopped us for making any potential moves (ie go after Bosh/Melo). Once Bosh looked headed this way it was understood we would be matching Parsons offersheet. It just didn't work out in the end.

20. Raven

Raven Member

Amends? Like in overpaying the next pseudo star?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.