1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Parsons is getting butt hurt way too much! If I were a Dallas fan I'd be worried that he's bit fully "gone" from Houston seeing as every comment he makes is about current rockets.

2. conquistador#11

reminds me of those posters that dislike a certain player for stupid reasons but can't help but to follow said player's threads. Is everybody on crack?

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

You do not know a thing as a leader, a leader talks in privately and publicly.

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Chandler is a guy that clearly doesn't know his role. Lin knows and that's why he responded the way he did. There is nothing wrong with accepting that you aren't a star in the league. It's guys that think that they are stars and try to play like them when they aren't that often cause problems.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Harden was just being honest, which I like. Probably goes over better without the apathetic defense and playoff flameouts</p>&mdash; Ethan Strauss (@SherwoodStrauss) <a href="https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/statuses/492384657950789632">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I wish Harden had included gullible refs as another Rockets cornerstone</p>&mdash; Ethan Strauss (@SherwoodStrauss) <a href="https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/statuses/492383618077949952">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Plenty. He does a lot of cool things. He's the least fun good player RT <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnSands30">@JohnSands30</a> Is there a player you dislike more than Harden?</p>&mdash; Ethan Strauss (@SherwoodStrauss) <a href="https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/statuses/492385166170419201">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Weapons?

RE: Carl's post:

Who is Ethan Strauss and why should anyone care about his opinion?

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

It would be a great news if Parsons starts to hate Howard each day.

8. haydenfisher342

Think before you speak -Chandler Parsons

9. Carl Herrera

He writes for ESPN.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Exactly... *Cough* tinman

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't care how fun my team's good player is as long as he's good. It would be fun if that defense improves this season, though.

12. Carl Herrera

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Think before you speak.</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/statuses/492393671237853184">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

Notice the difference between Parsons' response to this and his response to Dwight's statement or even Morey's opinion (and his decision) about Parsons not being that third star. Parsons may not have agreed with what Dwight and Morey said, but made sure to say that he respects Morey and is friends with Dwight and didn't think Dwight meant to pick a fight.

Parsons still has a pretty good relationship with Dwight and Morey. I don't know that he has such a relationship with Harden, perhaps not even back when Parsons was still a Rocket. A good number of us fans and media commentators are tired of some of Harden's crap, pretty sure teammates who actually have to live through it may be even more so.

#492 Carl Herrera, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  13. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Can't wait for the season to start

14. conquistador#11

this keeps getting better and better. needed some entertainment after the world cup ended. who has some popcorn to share? nothing wrong with that, bros sharing popcorn.

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

I like this. Harden and Howard are gonna make sure Chandler gets exposed now.

16. andersongo

andersongo Member

Regular season? Sure.In the play-offs? I won't bet on that.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Good thing he is gone in that case. If he had a problem with Harden he was causing and not solving locker room issues like we were led to believe. Our two stars get along fine. Any role player who has some problem can get bent.

18. NotChandlerParsons

lol and he's such a great trash talker. I hope we can play the Mavs in the playoffs. "I'm the best small forward in this series," he says as Beverley cans a 3 in his face to eliminate the Mavs. :grin:

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

Harden is gonna eat Parsons' lunch driving to the basket and Ariza will hound him around the perimeter. Howard will be there to reject him at the rim. Yeah, Chandler is gonna get exposed.

BTW, why didn't he take his own advice before declaring himself the best SF in the Blazers/Rockets series? Batum took him to school after those comments and Lillard buried him.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Because Parsons was exposed already against Batum?