1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cuban screwed Morey? Oh how I hate Cuban now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by queazie, Jul 22, 2014.

1. okeezie

okeezie Member

I disagree. We obviously know why Parsons stopped playing defense and hustling. He thought he was a max player and did not want to. Parsons "scoring" was inflated by playing the 5th most minutes in the NBA on a team in the top 3 for possessions and pace per game. Parsons was mediocre in the half court and Ariza guarding the other teams best perimeter player while hitting 3's brings more value. Beverley and Ariza locking down on D automatically makes us a better team.

2. okeezie

okeezie Member

None of those additions moves the needle. We had Greg Smith and Parsons. Felton and Chandler sucked in the East on a terrible Knicks team. Nelson was on a terrible Orlando team and stinks on defense. Aminu? Lol..this is the Western Conference! Much ado about nothing with all of these players.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We'll see if they move the needle soon enough. Tyson Chandler's first stint with the Mavs came via a trade in which he was essentially salary-dumped by the Bobcats and that worked out well. Those 2011 Mavs were Dirk and a bunch of guys that people didn't think of as elite players going into the season.

4. okeezie

okeezie Member

And now Dirk is 37. And Tyson Chandler is broken down. And Felton is fat. And Jefferson is washed up. And Jameer is 5'9. And Aminu is a 0 on offense. And Parsons is a so called star who cannot get his own shot, is a bad defender, is a mediocre jump shooter, and sucks at FTs. And the whole team is a 0 on defense. Bad defenders on the Mavs include Felton, Monta, Dirk, Parsons, Jefferson, Jameer. Good defenders include: nobody. Tyson Chandler was bad in New York.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Guess who offered 37-year-old Dirk a max contract this summer?

6. okeezie

okeezie Member

Same as Bosh. To be the 3rd wheel. Not carry the team. Duh

1 person likes this.
  7. Zergling

Zergling Member

I think Morey's comment about the Rockets wanting to be the team that finds Chandler Parsons and not pay him a max contract was an obvious jab at the Mavs' style of basketball operations.

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I'd still take any of those guys over Joey Dorsey:rolleyes:

9. okeezie

okeezie Member

Which one of those guys is a backup C?

10. okeezie

okeezie Member

I bet Joey Dorsey plays better defense than all of those scrubs too which is what we need

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Come on. You know paying dirk max to be our 3rd best guy is the same as us paying max for parsons to be our 4th. Situation matters. In a vacuum it's an overpay, in the right situation it's what you have to do.

12. Remii

Remii Member

Exactly. Not that time and apparently not this time either... I mean, how formal was the meeting this past time...? Did Olajuwon and the gang fly out to see him...? Was Harden calling him every day...? I didn't even see photoshop pictures of Bosh in a Rockets jersey on clutchfans (unless I missed it). Not that it has anything to do with it but.. Lol.

Morey made a big mistake hanging himself out to dry for a dude who averaged 16 ppg and averaged less rebounds and block shots than TJ last season. He should have figured out a way to go after Bosh without letting Parsons out of his contract. Rather Parsons falls on his face in Dallas or shines like a star what we do know he was a valuable trade "asset" and he just walked away with nothing in return.

13. okeezie

okeezie Member

Thank you! Same as my comment earlier that included Bosh. Its all about context. Obviously some peope dont have a concept of what that is.

14. okeezie

okeezie Member

Not at 15 mil with a trade kicker and a player option along woth the ability to veto any trade. #Facts

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is a lot more competition in the West and in the East than 2011.

Dirk and Tyson are both older and Tyson is more broken down.
    Also God shooter Peja has retired. Marion is probably gone too.

2011 Heat has not found themselves and their bench was worse than in their championship years.

Bunch of well known players who are getting older.
    Last signees include Nelson, Rashard Lewis (as I call the old Magic gang without its best player Howand), Aminu.
    They will continue signing well known scrubs.

16. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

We will see -Parson's sore back concerns me-especially @his young age -while Cuban is right-gloating is not cool -I think Cuban is still sore we got Howard-His big man Chandler has an old body

17. mingthething

mingthething Member

Icing sugar mixed with cake batter.

18. i3artow i3aller

:(
    [​IMG]

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

People can talk crap about this roater but it's possible to wiN a title with a bunch of old but proven castaways. Way better than unproven dleague trash with no coach, I'm sorry if it offends you as I have been offended over and over by Morey.

20. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Dorsey is a bigger scrub than any of those ppl mentioned. Defense doesn't matter if you foul out in 5 minutes. Compared to us, the Mavs have a better assortment of role players