1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disgusted By JLin Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 18, 2014.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I'm Irish and do not root for the Boston Celtics or Matt Bonner (although I do love McHale).

2. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

TL;DR
    lol at this guy trying to give everyone a history lesson on the "struggle"...

3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/t93PJlv3EgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the Lin fans, they think even the Clutchfans who are Asians hate Asians.

News flash to Lin fans, Lin ain't the Jackie Robinson or Malcolm X or Chuck D of Asian people.

And on top of that get your political crap out of baskteball forum.

You cowards pull this race card cause you can't defend airballs and turnovers.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f24Z6oOCkLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YES.

6. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Just a reply to peppermint, I don't know what your "struggle" is but I do study history and I do actually spend time learning about the history of countries and the history of the United States, post and pre Civil War as well as enjoy military history.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

none of this has to do with Jeremy Lin or the Rockets.

Nobody talks about the Ottamon Empire when Asik was playing, maybe because his basketball skills were a compelling story.

Or maybe fans who like him aren't on a crusade against the world thinking they are victims of racism cause nobody picked them up at the park to play hoops.

8. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

This. For the love of god this. Jackie Robinson was in the THICK of it. The dude had death threats, burnings of effigy, and people with white hoods who hate him solely on the color of his skin.

Jeremy Lin was overlooked because they thought he would probably make more money doing someone's stock portfolio.

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol. I hope while you're high fiving you fellow LOFs the paper bag doesn't come off your head. My God you're quite the gremlin. You should thank Clutch that we can't post any personal info. I guess everyone else should thank him too. Please chop down your family tree and invest in some dental work for your family. The Jaws of life have nothing on your guys

10. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Hey, while we're all tired with this topic, no need to target his personal image or his family. Keep it civil.

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It's just a subtle hint to take his act elsewhere. Also not my fault they are ugly

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

!!!

I am boggled by the fact that certain people continue making this ill-advised and insulting comparison.

13. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Yeah, but no need to resort to it. That's coming across highly flammable territory. You're a respectable poster and you know your stuff, you don't have to reach any lower to get someone to leave. This just gives them fuel to want to stay and post more useless threads.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Great points.

I disagree. It just seems that way because we had to deal with it on a personal basis. But I would say that a lot of die hard fans of a certain athlete or celebrity are that crazy. Guys like Kobe, Lebron, Vince Young, Johnny Football, Pacquiao, Mayweather and to stretch the field, even Drake and Eminem have some of the most delusional fans in the world. In their eyes, their guy can do no wrong.

15. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

how do you know what he looks like? lol just curious

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Why don't we move this thread to NBA dish????

17. PeppermintCandy

Thanks for the history lesson, but I think you're reading too much into my post. I'm talking about comparing what Lin (and Yao) had to go through to achieve what they did to what Jackie Robinson went through to achieve what he did, each in their particular time and context. And I'm saying there's really no real comparison to be made.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Danggit, but Sim Bhullar is the Indian Jackie Robinson!

19. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

If Lin fizzles in Los Angeles, only then will the "LOFs" go away....

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Tracy mcgrady , who was an actual superstar, left the rockets shamefully to the Knicks . He had some good scoring games and his fans sang like the Smurfs when he had a twenty point game. We should never traded him !!etc. in the end, the rockets were only thing that mattered. Tracy mcgrady only mattered to his fans and himself.

The rockets are the only thing that matters here. Nobody cares about the smurfs or in this case, the smurfettes