1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

It's like the Middle East. It's not a matter of if a conflict's going to flare up; it's a matter of when.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Honestly I really didnt see that much hyper LOFs during the last 18 months except a couple that were obvious troll accounts. I know it was pretty bad in the beginning, but I really felt like the viciousness that some folks had, in their posts when they posted about Lin or his fans, was over the top

p.s. I'm accepting reps for the oxford comma :)

3. hotballa

almost as pathetic as people who think there is such a person who only exists to love Jeremy Lin right? ;)

4. hotballa

BTW to the idiot who's afraid to put his name behind this rep message

really? it's the internet, I don't know you, you don't know me. what you afraid of? don't be a baby, put your name on it.

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

Lol, and there aren't entire groups that exist to hate a certain race? KKK ring a bell to you?

So you're implying hate doesn't exist, but only love does. Or that hate can only apply to a race, but not towards a single person.

Sure. :rolleyes:

6. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Half of that Lin thread is them trashing the Rockets, Houstonians, Harden, McHale lol.

7. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

At this point it's 50/50 as to which side of the Lin war faction posts that comment, though.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

10. dback816

dback816 Member

Do some of you not have any hobbies other than being obsessed with the fans of an athlete?

You actually follow, speculate, and anticipate the actions of, not the athlete, but his fans. Think about that for a second while you eat another mouthful of Doritos.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Appreciate it :p

12. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

lmao the rep system doesn't work all the time. people just leave anonymous venom. le internetz :p

13. supdudes

supdudes Member

Okay everyone. Chill.

It's just a basketball player who most likely has no ties to anyone here.

People really need to invest their emotions in something else rather than internet arguments.

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I think you're projecting yourself onto Lin.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I thought it was a brilliant post, but what do I know?

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutchfans is a masterpiece painting. Clutch is Leonardi da Vinci and 1999 was the Renaissance.

You are just drawing stick figures on your Ipad

1 person likes this.
  18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Right now, the lofs are spinning the yarn on lakersground about how he can be a top 10 pg, some of them are buying it, we've been there before which is what makes it so funny.

During the season, we know that he'll do his customary dumb ass moves, such as his patented drive, jump in the air, pass to opponent for easy fast break points, and Kobe will follow it up with one of his many "what the **** are you doing" looks, you know the ones? roll eyes, shake head, stare into nowhere, all we need to do is trust Kobe to be Kobe.

Which because of the nature of Lakersground will lead into an all out war between Kobe fans and Lin fans, which the Kobe fans will win by act of moderator (fortunately for them though, their moderators are much stricter), but not before hilarity ensues.

And by the end of the year their view will be "well at least we have the 20 something draft pick" but the process is pre-ordained.

#318 Aleron, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  19. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really entertaining post!

I agree, when Kobe starts getting on him, Lin might break, just like he did when McHale started getting on him.

I, personally, hope Lin doesn't revert to the passive, un-sure, jumping-in-the-air-with-no-plan-of-action, stopping-in-the-lane-picking-up-the-dribble stuff he did as a Rockets. It may work out for him, as Kobe is still recovering from injury.

Lin has seemed to fold under criticism. If the Lakers give him plenty of rope, he may just regain his confidence and find a groove. But it is gonna depend on the coaching situation.

Funny thing is that they pick up Lin and lose Gasol while picking up a player D'Antoni may have been able to rehabilitate.

20. i3artow i3aller

This thread is too funny.
    [​IMG]