1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Countdown to Kevin Love Drama

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by larsv8, Nov 27, 2013.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Plus we'd have the huge infusion of white players

Dragic
    Delfino
    Motiejunas
    Ilyasova
    Pachulia

The all euro/white fab five that will frustrate all american sport commentators when trying to pronounce their names!

2. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Doesn't make sense to me how wiggins wouldn't be enough, they want Bennett and first rounders???

love 100% won't sign with the wolves, they are going to lose him anyway, if I was Cleveland I would be hesitant to even include wiggins due to the fact that I could have BOTH on my team.

Wiggins could has HUGE potential, the wolves should be elated to just get him for a guy who they will end up losing anyway.

Who can they get better than wiggins?
    The chance to overpay Thompson the max? Or an overpaid Lee?

Mind boggling!

3. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

You just don't get that kind of value for disgruntled stars.

Never seen it before

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nevermind, long day. The whole time I was thinking you meant "resigning" in Cleveland, but obviously he can only resign in Minnesota. My mistake..

#464 RV6, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Im sure the Bucks who are rebuilding aren't too stuck on keeping Delfino and Pachulia, both could be probably had for future seconds and minimum contracts. Motiejunas certinly wouldn't need to be delt. If you want something more realistic ( in our fantasy trade ideas lol ) we could drop the Garcia s&t thing.

Jones, Capela, Johnson, non guaranteed contracts and Pelicans 1st for Dragic
    TPE plus our 2017 first (top 20 protected) for Ilyasova
    Trade Gee, Canaan and 2015 second for Pachulia

Sign Marion with MLE

Dragic/Beverley
    Harden/Daniels
    Ariza/Marion
    Ilyasova/Motiejunas
    Howard/Pachulia

Team would be just as good, just more realistic by not dealing with s&t Garcia, and giving up more in the trades.

6. basketballholic

Pachulia ain't worth having. He's worse defensively than DMo and he's not as good defensively as DMo.

7. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
    Utah's trading John Lucas, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy to Cleveland for Carrick Felix, future 2nd and $1M, sources tell Yahoo.

8. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
    In Murphy, Lucas and Thomas, Cavs get three non-guaranteed contracts to facilitate trades -- or a trade. Another step toward Kevin Love.

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 51s
    This is the smaller deal Cavaliers have been pursuing in recent days to try and roll into the larger scope deal with Minnesota.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

......uhhh

Nah

Pachulia has always been a very serviceable center, one of the best back up C's in the league. He'd be an ideal backup for Howard. He's been having injuries here and there and has been playing for sucky teams for the last 3 seasons. So maybe a role where he only has to play 15 minutes a night on a real contender would be ideal for him too. No need to compare him to Motiejunas, we can have both. Zaza is a true C, Motiejunas is a true PF.

Pachulia could most likely be had for cheap. The bucks are rebuilding, they have Sanders and Henson in their front court, no need for a 30 year old Zaza. I'm sure Canaan or Covington, unguaranteed contracts plus a future second would be enough to nab him. Unless we can get Blatche for BAE, or if Okafor can come back from a huge injury, Zaza would be better then any FA.

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Minnesota's been determined to unload Kevin Martin and JJ Barea in a Love deal -- no easy task for Cavs to make work without a third team.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/491719492742152192">July 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. basketballholic

Pachulia is owed over $10 million over the next TWO SEASONS! That is what you call a boat anchor contract! We'd have to give away another draft pick to get rid of him. He is a zero defensively. And the main thing we need out of our backup 5 is defense. I don't think Pachulia would even be able to steal minutes from Joey Dorsey.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Did you say third team?

[​IMG]

14. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

GIVE US JJ BAREA!!!

15. haydenfisher342

you mean 4th team because no way houston want in on this Shiz

16. haydenfisher342

would rather have earl boykins

17. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

That looks like they'll have enough salary for Kevin Love and Kevin Martin, which should be more than enough in terms of value.

Kyrie/Waiters
    Martin/Allen
    Lebron/Miller
    Love/Thompson
    Varejao/Thompson

18. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

And if the Wolves would prefer dumping Barea over a draft pick, I'm sure there are a few teams out there who would be willing to facilitate. Perhaps the Rockets using the TPE and receiving the Grizzlies pick. Barea is terrible though so that could be another step back simply to acquire another fairly mediocre asset in a star-less trade market.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So what your saying is....where not trading Parsons?

Jk.

Zaza isn't a zero on defense. Career average 1.5 defensive win shares. He's a solid defender, natural paint clogger, solid rebounder, solid finisher around the rim, good passer. 5 mill a year for 2 years isn't bad for a good backup center. Plus in my hypothetical situation, we would also have aquired Dragic, Ilyasova and spent our MLE, so cap space and flexibilty would no longer be a factor. Oh and if you seriously view Dorsey above Pachulia then you must be seriously confused. Zaza has put in 10+ productive years in the league, Dorsey can't even stay in the league.

20. basketballholic

You can pull up defensive win shares. Means nothing. I've watched the dude play. He deters nothing in the paint. He's a zero defensively. And he's a foul magnet. He's a boat anchor contract. Morey will NEVER trade for him. Might as well drop it. Won't happen. Ever.