1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks making players available

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PersianRocket, Jul 20, 2014.

1. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Iman Shumpert is not a good player.

2. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

If Shumpert learned how to shoot, would be great for Houston.

3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I don't think it's a matter of shooting as that now we would have a stretch 4 by picking up either Stoudemire or Bargnani and a guard who can actually finish near the rim.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Unless they include a draft pick, I'm not so sure any of the salary dump destinations (Utah, Bucks, etc.) will want to take Amare, et al.

5. Fantasma Negro

The thought of Shump coming off the bench behind Harden and them being on the floor together in the fourth has me salivating. We should trade Powell and Covingtons non guaranteed contracts for him

6. Zbed

Zbed Member

Shump would be a nice pickup.....if the price is right

7. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

[​IMG]

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I would love to pick up shumpert. We would improve on defense some more if we got shumpert.

9. Fantasma Negro

Good God, when is the last time you've watched the nba. Those two are horrendous players and both of ridiculous contracts. Amare may have a more solid season stat wise but in no way is he worth the 24 million dollar price tag. I would never eeeeeeeeeeever trade for either player on their current contracts. Especially cause they're both expiring. Wait twelve months and you can pay both vet minimum to wear expensive suits while being injured on the bench

10. spysta

spysta Member

Shumpert is an ELITE defender, they type of piece you add for a run at a championship.

OKC almost had him in a trade last year and I almost fainted lol

I really think he is the missing piece for teams like OKC, Cleveland, etc

11. Fantasma Negro

Whats wrong with Houston, why not us?

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

He's a Knick; he's all-world. Dintcha know?

13. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

I'd try to get Shumpert and Dalembert in a deal to strengthen the bench.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL.... Wait. Let me get this straight....

If Morey would have called up Phil Jackson 3 weeks ago and asked to put a trade together to acquire -

-Amare (23 mil & can't play anymore)
    -Bargnani (11.5 poor shooting stretch 4)
    -JR Smith (Head case & 5.9 mil)

or

-Shumpert (been dangled as "superstar trade bait" for about 3 years)

Phil Jackson would have said... No way. We aren't trading these guys.

NOOOOWWWW He's making them available..... ohh... I see. LOL.

15. photojoe

photojoe Member

The only reason I would want any part of Stoudemire or Bargnani is if Morey already had another move in place and needed their salaries to match. Which for us isn't very likely.

I have 0, zero, zip, zilch interest in JR Smith. Even if the Knicks agreed to pay the rest of his contract and he counted as 0 towards our cap, I wouldn't want him.

Shumpert is ok, but honestly I think he is overrated. He would be a decent backup for us, but I wouldn't go out of our way to get him and think we would be just fine without him. I definitely would not give up a first round pick or two 2nds for him like an earlier poster said.

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

With Bev and Ariza, it doesn't make that much sense to bring in Shumpert, and I certainly wouldn't want the other guys listed.

17. CertifiedTroll

Is Shumps defense even good? These times I have seen him player he looks immobile from injury and low IQ.

18. spysta

spysta Member

I think the Rockets would play him out of position most of the time, he is really a shooting guard, but Harden is gonna get all the minutes at shooting guard. I think Ariza at small forward and Pat Beverly is enough perimeter defense for the Rockets. Especially with Dwight protecting the rim.

19. spysta

spysta Member

When healthy he is along with Avery Bradley in Boston are the best on ball defenders in the league at the guard position. IMO

20. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I don't see Morey, with his past moves of trading for low risk signings, as the type of GM to do this sort of trade. Hell I don't know if anyone would do this type of trade. Who knows though, if Amare could stay healthy and is motivated enough he could have a career year just to earn that last meager contract.

With his knee issues though, I don't see that being very likely. That being said even with including Shumpert, it's not enough to even consider taking on Amare, heck not even Bargani at this point. I'd rather take another shot at a motivated Dmo and Nick Johnson than try to roll the dice on those Knicks' players.