1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dumbest Commercials

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jan 21, 2008.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ok. This thread deserves a bump because of the idiocy and flawed logic Wendy's has been promoting...

"If beef were meant to be frozen, wouldn't cows come from Antarctica?"

Yes, but if beef were meant to be flame grilled wouldn't cows come from the Sun?

:rolleyes:

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I know it's old, but I HATE the "Well I'm a harrrd, harrrrd workin' mannn" Toyota commercials. Makes me grit my teeth in annoyance. Also any commercial with children in it. Ok, I'm done.

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Bringing this thread back as 3 commercials in particular have really annoyed me of late:

1) The Southwest Airlines commercial where all those guys have their shirts off and have painted on their chests that "bags fly free" and they are making those stupid idiotic animal noises as some old lady is on a plane and looks out the window at them - beyond stupid (which surprises me because normally Southwest has decent commercials)

2) The Lowe's commercial (well pretty much all Lowe's commercials) where the dude is with his wife/girlfriend and they are "rehearsing" before going in and she says "unheard of" in this really weird and goofy voice. She has glasses on but is still sorta hot in a nerdy way but she is a little too goofybut that one isn't as bad as the Southwest one.

3) The Bud Light one with the Auto-Tune...enuff said.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

this commerical is awesome. "unheard of!!!"

i really really hate wendy's commercials, especially the one on the radio where the guy orders some food and the girl says it's $2.99. and the guy smugly chuckles and says "i don't think you got my whole order" like she's too ****ing dumb to work there even though i've never been to a fast food restaurant that didn't have the ****ing prices next to the menu items. so he's the dumb **** for not knowing how much his order costs.

5. Manny Ramirez

Bumping this because I was thinking about that Lowe's commercial (which has Emily Tarver in it).

So many annoying commercials these days:

1) Lily - the AT&T girl - she is not bad looking but annoying, nonetheless

2) Sprint's Framily Plan with the Frobinsons

But they all pale in comparison to this horror:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hLmP73eAHB8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How the **** did the puppet get the robe off?

1 person likes this.
  6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The AT&T commercials with the girl are all completely awful, but the one with the parents and the sleeping baby induce actual anger out of me. Who the **** are you to shush someone when you're the assholes who brought your sleeping baby to a public retail store? And, you dumbass family of three, one of which can't even handle hearing "can I help you" without his parents freaking the **** out much less operate a cell phone, are totally pumped about a family four plan?

And don't get me started on Jake from State Farm. Yeah, I'm pretty sure my wife would be a little curious about who I was talking to in a soft creepy voice at 3:00am as well.

1 person likes this.
  7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

think the commercial you are talking about is verizon and I keep wondering why the mom is bouncing along with the dad and baby. she does realize it's unnecessary right? was that some brilliant acting decision?

on the flip side the two best commercials on t.v. now are:
    1. "that's not how this works. That's not how any of this works!"
    2. the jack in the box commercial for the new ultimate cheesburgers, mainly because of the guys voice and face before his head explodes.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Look for the AT&T girls appearance in Silicon Valley. Might give you a new respect for her.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dude, she's hot doe.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WELL, SHE SOUNDS HIDEOUS. :mad:

11. Manny Ramirez

"You must spread more reputation around before giving some to Rocketman95."

Brilliant rant, sir - well done!

12. codell

codell Contributing Member

SNHU.edu

And

Trivago.......dude is completely out of proportion

Btw these 2 commercials usually come on back to back

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My wife thinks I should start a Twitter account. There are some truly awful ads out there.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Especially now, amirite??

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

16. Manny Ramirez

Another really dumb one...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/50U5fLlQvIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

frog...

fraud..

yup we are on the same page.

18. Manny Ramirez

Why in the hell would anyone be calling Discover about a damn frog??!! See this is an example of a company trying to be too cute with their advertising and it smacks of pretentiousness and stupidity.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG]

Everything on that table had horrible commercials

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cnjjkgIO3Ck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>