1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. cyberx

cyberx Member

I don't know where people are getting these Bledsoe/Dragic pipe dreams from.

3. newAge_Rockets

That's very true.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Two possible insiders, one of which seems reliable.

5. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Some fake insider

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Gee and Powell can't be packaged together with other players for a cpl months

7. treeman

treeman Member

We had two "insiders" say we were getting a PG from Phoenix. We got Ish Smith... But that wasn't enough for some people, so the wish-fairy turned Ish Smith into Dragic or Bledsoe... even after we'd gotten Smith. :rolleyes:

Lots of wishful thinking going on right now, with a heavy helping of denial.

8. tmacfor35

We'll the insiders both referenced Dragic.

Not Ish Smith.

9. newAge_Rockets

Just looking for something.

10. alin86

alin86 Member

Dear CF, I just want to know, who said Drgaic/Bleadsoe will come to Houston tomorrow?

Is he ever reliable?

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm not sure we have enough eligible salary to SnT with Phoenix for Bledsoe. Gee and Hopson can't be traded until mid-September. All we've got is DMo, TJones, Canaan, Covington, Powell, and Beverley as tradable contracts.

If we are getting one of the 2, it's going to be Dragic.

12. treeman

treeman Member

I think the insiders assumed that part.

13. treeman

treeman Member

What we got was Ish Smith.

14. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Are we talking about Bledsoe/Dragic? If so, we need to give Hamilton a big enough offer to match the salary (at least 8-9mil I would think). I'm sure Hamilton will gladly accept it. But I doubt Suns would be happy with a vastly overpaid bench fodder... :grin:

15. tmacfor35

Has been before.

Has fudged up as well.

The 99'er seemed confident though.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

At the moment, the Rockets don't really have the ability to take in a huge $15-16M, or even a $12M salary without trading either Dwight or Harden.

The Lin TPE allows you to take back $8.5M and cannot be combined with other salaries to tack back a bigger $ guy.

Among the salaries on the books, the newly signed guys (Ariza-- even though he was involved in a S&T, Daniels, Dorsey, etc.) cannot be traded until sometime during the season, those acquired by trade (Hopson, Gee) cannot be combined salary-wise to take on a bigger $ guy until 60 days from the day of their initial trade. This leaves you with DMo, Jones, Canaan, Covington and Josh Powell (remember him?). The five of them make a combined $6M so you can take back around $9.1M in salary with all of them. Throw Beverley in there are we are talking being able to take back $10.5M.

So, right now, you can take back one or more players making a combined $8.5M salary and one or more making a combined $9.1M (or 10.5 with Beverley thrown in) salary but those slots cannot be combined.

They will have more ability to take back $ once the Gee/Hopson 60 day period end in September. Also, if the team converts that $8.4M TPE into a player, that player's salary can be thrown into a trade and take back up to $12.7M or so coming back, or more after 60 day when you can combine it with other money.

17. tmacfor35

Sure seems like it, but that shouldn't count /: !

18. JD88

JD88 Member

AKA we are punting next season.

What a joke.

Let Parsons go. Fine. I can dig it.

But don't use our salary to sign an impact player is a complete joke. Well, I'll be looking forward to 2015-16. In the mean time, I'll have to deal with a #4-6 seed and if were lucky a 2nd round playoff exit.

19. alin86

alin86 Member

Yep, I don't see Daryl's camp disclosure such as important info (even detailed)

20. Fantasma Negro

Fraudulent "insiders" can't believe everything ppl tell you here. Haven't we already learned our lesson enough times this summer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.