1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

LOL, I knew I was going to get flamed when I typed it.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Simple.........because they aren't in a position to compete.

Look at when the 76ers traded Jrue Holiday for Nerlens Noel and NOPs 2014 1st. Why did they do it? Because they weren't anywhere near competing and Jrue wasn't a superstar.

Dragic is worth less now than Jrue Holiday was at the time of that trade. Jrue had just come off an all-star apperance, was 23 years old, and he was locked into a 4 year contract. In comparison, Dragic is 28, has not made an all-star game (though he did make 3rd team all-NBA), and is on the last year of his contract.

3. Davisag

Davisag Member

They aren't too welcoming to visitors.

4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I don't see the Suns letting go Bledsoe for nothing(Jones and a pelicans pick) and I don't see them being afraid to lose Dragic. I feel like they're going to lock up Bledsoe long term this week and next season they will just re-sign Dragic using his bird rights. 35 million or whatever number you guys are making up seems like a lot, but in 2016 when the cap increases it's going to seem like a bargain lol. The Suns organization isn't incompetent. They've been building pretty well.

5. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

No doubt they've been building well, but you have to take into account how you will eventually compete for a championship.

No major free agent will ever sign with the suns outright, that is just an unfortunate truth they have to accept. This is coming from someone that has been to phoenix and liked it a lot.

The only way the suns will compete is to trade/draft their next star to team up with bledsoe. It's just the way it is, that's why tanking will never be eliminated. Small market teams have to draft their next star or they have no chance.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Bledsoe will make 13 million at the least if I had to guess, on top of Isaiah's cap number, while also maxing Dragic. That would bring them in to the mid thirties minimum. They are letting Dragic or Bledsoe go. You are thinking too much in to it.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

$35 million tied up in 3 players, none of which are top 20 (or perhaps even 30)players, is a lot. Moreso when you consider their needs at SF, PF, and Center. They can bring up the Morris twins and Plumlee all they want.......none have star/difference maker potential.

The NOP 1st, Capela, and a 2nd is way better than just having a shot at the 8th seed and then losing Dragic next year in free agency. That NOP 1st pick gives them 4 next year, which allows them to keep Bledsoe and trade up in the draft for a true difference maker, or take the shotgun approach and draft a ton of guys hoping 2 will become something significant (similar to the 76ers, but without the need for tanking). Capela has potential at a position of need. They don't need more Plumlees and Morris'...they need high risk/reward type players.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What do you call it when a delusional person calls a delusional person delusional?

9. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Dragic won't get the max I think. At least I hope no one gives him the max lol

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Agree. That would be around $20 million next year. He's not in that range.

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I say something that makes me "delusional"?

You should quote me if you're gonna take shots!

12. tmacfor35

It would appear our insiders have gone in to a hole.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

mini-max

14. Houston09

Houston09 Member

sorry to break up this cat fight but, has any insiders posted anything today?

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

KingDrew says wait for Saturday.
    Shaun11 says something is brewing soon.

Moves are going to be a lot slower, if they even happen, now that there is no pressure on anyone to scrounge together a deal quickly.

16. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I'm completely with you. I've said something similar in other posts (except instead of trading for them now I was assuming if no trades get done then we go for both of them in free agency. I think that's a championship squad. I would not include Bev in the trade but would trade the others. I think Dragic, Milsap and Ariza would more than equal a third star. If we don't get them via trade or use up our cap space before then, targeting Dragic and Milsap next summer with cap space and a sign and trade (you do a sign and trade with the first team of PHO or ATL that blinks). You lose fewer assets next year, but you'd have to wait a year...

In any case what you're suggesting (or what I suggested) are but two of the possibilities Morey was referring to as the reason why they did not match Chandler.

17. tmacfor35

These last two off-seasons have presented an unrealistic expectation.

The Dwight Howard thread was about as EPIC as it gets, and now, this offseason has ran aground.

Joey Dorsey and Trevor Ariza......no.....I refuse to believe it was Hinkie all ALONG!!!!

18. basketballholic

Bottom line for me is:

If we can acquire Dragic (or Bledsoe on a 4/50 deal) and still have either the Pelies or the Lakers pick and DMo

Or

If we could acquire Paul Millsap without giving up the Pelies pick and Bev/Canaan

then

I think we will have hita home run.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It's not that I think Dallas are favorites, but I would just trust them more in a playoff series than our team. Just an opinion. I think Dirk can still be close to top 5 in the playoffs, not so much during regular season

20. traveler

traveler Member

ok

Holy ****. No way any fan can think that Howard or Harden is worth a Dragic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.